Chapter 53

Couple of weeks went by fast and Freed noticed - relieved - that his nightmares had stopped after they had talked with Valdeghar and Makarov. He didn't know why, but he sure wasn't sorry because of that.

The winter had finally arrived, the snow was slowly falling from the sky and the whole town had a new white blanket covering it. Kids all around the town were of course excited because of the snow and there were lots of snow fights happening everywhere.

"I hate it."

The Thunder Legion was walking over from the small mission - well Freed was just accompanying them since it was in Magnolia, he wasn't actually allowed to do anything - towards the Guild.

"Can't help it", Ever chuckled hugging Freed's arm as they walked. "But it really does suit you."

"I hate it", Freed just repeated. He was wearing a new coat, black and much like his old coat with yellow buttons and he had of course green scarf and fuzzy earmuffs.

"You didn't want to do anything to your red coat but you can't walk around in the winter without one so we just had to buy you a new one that is big enough now", Laxus shrugged and he felt how purple eye glared at him behind the green bangs.

"Don't listen to him, you're not even that big yet, sweetie", Ever assured adjusting her fluffy scarf better.

"Big enough not to fit in his old coat", Laxus smirked and Bickslow cackled.

"And whose fault that might be?" Freed growled coldly. "Mister My Magic Is So Awesome I Knocked Up My Boyfriend."

"It wasn't like I did it purposely, I had no idea that could happen", Laxus defended himself.

"No matter what you say, you just can't win, baby", Bickslow smirked.

"Of course he can't", Ever chuckled. "Freed carries the ultimate card against Laxus where ever he goes and that card can win every quarrel you guys have."

"That sucks", Laxus grumbled annoyed.

"I'm sorry, is this all too much for you?" Freed snapped sarcastically. "I didn't realize you were having a hard time, maybe you should rest a bit?"

"Alright! I get it", Laxus said rolling his eyes. "I'm sorry, didn't mean to upset you."

"Sounds better", Freed nodded. "You're forgiven."

"But it's not like I'm the only one who's to blame..." Laxus muttered.

"And he's back in the dog house", Bickslow cackled, when Freed's cowlicks looked like they twitched in a really angry way.

"You're blaming this on me?" Freed asked terrifyingly calm, looking at his fiancé. "I'm sorry, of course this is my fault. I should have known that despite I'm a male, I would end up being pregnant so I should have taken care of the protection."

"I didn't mean it that way", Laxus assured.

"No no, I understand. It's not like the high and mighty Laxus Dreyar should take care of some petty little details like protection and if something happens, of course it's my fault to get knocked up", Freed said with cold and emotionless tone. Ever and Bickslow knew he was pissed as hell, since he was talking like that to his Thunder God. Laxus himself seemed to notice that too, Freed never talked like that.

"I'm sorry, of course it's not your fault", he said. "I would never blame you."

"So who were you going to blame if not me?" Freed just asked.

"Eh? Um... My dragon slayer magic?" Laxus suggested. "Me and my dragon slayer magic."

"Nice try", Bicks snickered and 'babies' giggled.