Chapter 36

No matter how much they practised it seemed impossible for Freed to learn how to ice skate. In the end he had so many bruises he absolutely refused to go back on the ice anymore, and was just sitting on a bench.

"I give up, you really suck at ice skating", Laxus huffed and sat down beside his boyfriend while Bickslow returned their skates back to the booth. "It's probably for the best if you never try it again."

"I agree", Freed groaned. "Never again."

"It's really weird, you know? You usually do even a decent job no matter what and it seems like you are somekind of a superhuman. This reminds that even you can't do everything", Laxus smirked, making Freed pout.

"I hope you're not going to make fun of me about this for the rest of my life", the rune mage grumbled.

"It depends", blond laughed. "If you're going to bitch me about something ridiculous I just might bring this topic up."

"I guess in some way that would be fair", Freed said with small smile.

"Okay babies, where should we head next?" Bickslow grinned. "My show will start in two hours so let's just waste our time somewhere before that."

"Where do you perform?" Freed asked as they stood up and started walking towards the park's entrace.

"At the beach, that's definitely the best place for it now", the seith mage grinned.

"Why not go there then?" Laxus said. "Ever is probably there too sunbathing."

They left the borrowed clothes on the table and Laxus took off his big coat when they stepped on the streets that were filled with colourful leaves.

"Laxus, there is one thing I have been wondering", Freed finally decided to ask.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"When we came back from our mission and were about to leave, Master wanted to talk with you about something. What was it?"

Laxus said nothing just staring ahead as they kept walking.

"Being mysterious here, are we?" Bicks said. "Come on, baby. Tell us."

"There is no need to talk about that now", Laxus just said. "We can do it later. Let's just enjoy this festival now."

"Then is it something that could ruin it for us?" Freed asked.

"I said we can talk about it later", Laxus snarled and Freed raised his eyebrows. Obviously it was something important, it had something to do with Laxus and his Thunder God was not going to share that information with them at least now. "Sorry", Laxus muttered. "I promise I will tell later, okay?"

"Okay", Freed nodded. It was better not to push the topic when Laxus was that irritated about it.

They arrived at the beach and looked around.

"Baby!" Bickslow howled and grabbed his arms around Cana who was sitting at the outside bar.

"There you guys are", Cana laughed her cheeks burning red because of alcohol.

"And she's already smashed", Laxus chuckled to Freed who nodded.

"Cana, maybe you should slow down a little?" greenette advised. "Of course you can do whatever you want, but you might pass out before Bicks' show."

"What? No I won't!" Cana giggled waving her hand and leaned against Bickslow heavily. "Don't you come to tell me what to do, you... you... You Freed!" she burped right in front of Freed's face and almost made the swordsman throw up.