Chapter 68

Magnolia was sleeping peacefully, not aware of the time that moved forward. Before anyone even noticed, a whole month had passed with New Years come and gone. The town itself was sleeping and there wasn't even a mouse walking on the streets, but outside the town there were already lots of people wondering about the situation and trying to come up with how to remove that glittering dust that made everyone fall asleep in a second they tried to enter the town.

In one day the warm breeze from the south brought them mild temperatures and dark clouds formed in the sky, starting to rain and slowly melt the snow. The rain cleaned the air and get rid of the dust that had been covering the whole town this whole time.

Porlyusica frowned when looking at this all. She had been wondering why Levy and Freed hadn't come to see her like they should, so she had came to the town. Of course she wasn't worried or anything, only annoyed that's all. Luckily she had noticed the travellers that had collapsed at the streets near the entrance.

She huffed when she heard murmuring around her, everyone wondering if there would be anyone alive in the town anymore. Idiots. Of course they were alive. If they had been paying even a little bit attention to those near the gates over the weeks, it seemed like cold, snow, or time itself didn't affect anyone under that sleeping spell. There was no hunger, no dehydration, nothing. They were just sleeping.

None of them took yet the first steps inside the town. Not before they saw movement when those in front of the gates started to wake up. Porlyusica dashed forward immediately when the air was safe again in the town. She ran past the streets, saw how here and there people had come out of their houses and were wondering what had happened.

The old healer kept running towards the Guild. She had a hunch who was behind all of this. But why would that man suddenly appear after decades and why did he attack Magnolia? She was pretty sure that old pervert with a moustache knew something about this.

Porlyusica stopped when the air crackled just when she was about to arrive at the Guild House. Tiny sparks appeared here and there and suddenly the air was filled with piercing thundering roar. In the next second the roof of the Guild House was blasted as something light yellow escaped from inside towards the now thundering clouds.

"Laxus..." Porlyusica muttered frowning. Something was really wrong. Quickly she went inside and looked around.

Makarov woke up when he heard the roar and he looked around. What was going on? The other doors opened quickly and Bickslow, Roscoe, Evergreen, Roxanne and Kvestor all stepped in the hallway.

"What was that?" Kvestor asked nervously straightening his pointy hat.

"I don't know", Makarov said hopping down from the bench. "I just woke up myself because of it.

"Is everyone here?" Ever asked stepping quickly at the door that had remained shut and she opened it. "Laxus and Freed aren't here", she said looking at others.

"It is not hard to guess then that the source of that howling is Laxus", Bickslow said sweating.

"Laxus is mad!" 'babies' whimpered, hiding under Bickslow's cape.

"So where is Freed?" Ever asked worried.

"Calm down", Makarov said. "We will figure everything out."

"There you are!" they suddenly heard annoyed voice and looked at Porlyusica who stepped up the stairs. "What the hell have you been doing here?!" the pink haired woman yelled furious.

"To be honest, we don't even know ourselves", Bickslow shrugged.

"What has happened, Porlyusica?" Makarov asked from the healer.