Chapter 39

After spending one really satisfying hour at their own little hiding place, they finally needed to start their journey back to the house. Freed started to make some breakfast and Laxus went through what else he needed besides the things Freed had already packed.

When they finally arrived at the Guild, it was ten o'clock already. At their way they had decided not to mention anything about the engagement.

"I won!" Bickslow suddenly yelled with a grin. "I told you guys they wouldn't show up before ten. They had too much to do the whole morning", he smirked arching his eyebrows knowingly.

"Good morning to you too, Bicks..." Freed muttered. "So how did your fight with Natsu go?"

"They both lost", Ever chuckled before Bickslow could open his mouth. "They bonked their heads together and knocked themselves out at the beginning."

"But I woke up before him so I won!" Bicks said.

"Sure, if that makes you feel better."

"So, are you excited, Laxus?" the seith mage grinned as they sat on their usual table. "Can't wait to hit the road?"

"I wouldn't say that", Laxus murmured. "I only agreed to this because of Gramps. But I haven't had any thoughts about being the next Master for a long time. I think it would be most easiest and best thing for the Guild to just handle that title to Erza, so we don't need to do these stupid missions."

"Don't say that, Laxus", they heard a chuckle and looked at Erza who approached their table. "Master decided this is the way how things are settled so that we must do."

"Guess there's no other way", Laxus groaned annoyed crossing his arms.

"Come on, don't give us that act like you don't care", Erza smiled. "We know you care. I'm glad I have this opportunity to rival with you, even though I have no interest of being the next Master. If you ask me, that title belongs to you, Laxus."

"Are you stupid or something?" Laxus growled. "I'm the last person in this Guild who should be the next Master."

"I don't think others think that way. Yes, maybe in the past there has happened things that you're not proud, but it's in the past. We can't change things we have done but we can now do our best so tomorrow will be better. Do you think that Master Makarov has never done any mistakes?"

Freed looked at Laxus who said nothing.

"You can't let your past haunt you forever, Laxus", Erza said. "We need you with your full capability here and you can't do that if you don't let go of the old things that doesn't matter anymore", she stated and headed back to team Natsu's table.

Laxus just muttered something and Freed chuckled.

"I told you, no one here is against you being the next Master", the rune mage said with a smile.

"I just think it's stupid..." Laxus grumbled.

"You will make a great Master, I know it."

"Yeah, it's going to be awesome", Bicks grinned. "Can we the Thunder Legion then have some special treatment?"

"No, you idiot", Laxus said smacking Bicks' head. "If I have to be the Master then you guys should be the ones to show example not to break the fucking rules without a really damn good reason."

"That's my Laxus", Freed smirked proudly.

As the clock slowly approached 12, they all started to gather at the Guild Hall. Freed smiled looking around. The whole guild had come to wish good luck for Erza and Laxus. It was almost impossible to try to have a moment just for themselves anymore but that was alright. They had an amazing morning just for themselves.