chapter 3 - first encounter

~your p.o.v~

We arrived to the drive-in and I immediately paid, which of course caused protest to arise from Thomas.

"Awe, come on! I was gonna pay!" He whined. I rolled my eyes, a smile on my lips.

"You can just cover snacks." I teased, sending him a wink. His face lit up.

"Alright, deal."

My eyes scanned over the rows of seats and landed on Marcia waving us over and Cherry standing with her.

I gave them a warm smile and approached them with Thomas close behind.

"Hey, guys!" Marcia gave us a warm welcome. I greeted her and turned to Cherry.

"How have you been? Hope my brother hasn't been causing too many problems for you." I joked. She gave me a smile, but shrugged.

"Yeah, he's been okay. But sometimes when it comes to greasers he can be a bit..." She trailed off.

"Stupid?" I finished the sentence for her and she let out a soft laugh.

"I guess you could say that." She joked along.

We went to some seats in the front row and focused on the movie, occasionally exchanging small talk.

"You guys want snacks or drinks?" I asked. Cherry and Marcia passed up on the offer, while Thomas asked for some popcorn.

"Hand over the money." I gave Thomas a sly smirk and he gave me enough money to cover popcorn for him and to buy myself something.

I got up from my seat and went to get in line.

It took me a while, but I finally made it to the front of the line and asked for a popcorn and a coca cola.

After getting my things, I began heading back to our seats when I spotted someone awfully close to Cherry.

By Cherry's body language, she seemed to be a bit uncomfortable.

I stormed over, handing Thomas his popcorn and my drink.

"Hold this." I muttered. Thomas saw what I was doing because he quickly tried to stop me.

"Y/n, that's not a good idea-" I cut him off when I grabbed the shoulder of the boy harassing Cherry.

"Hey, what the hell do you think you're doing to her-"

My angry and confident demeanor faded when I saw who I had confronted. My grip on his shoulder loosened and I quickly drew my hand back.

"Dallas Winston?" The name involuntarily passed my lips. He seemed angered at first, but the look in his eye immediately changed when he laid eyes on me.

He let out a soft wolf whistle, his eyes looking me up and down. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked over at Thomas.

"I warned you.." He whispered between his teeth. I bit the inside of my cheek and turned back to Dallas.

"What were you doing to her?" I questioned, deciding to stand my ground.

"I was only havin' a nice talk with her." He told me, an amused glint in his eye.

"Y/n?" I heard someone speak next to Dallas. I turned to see Johnny and Ponyboy.

"Oh, hey guys!" I gave them a warm smile. Dallas now seemed confused.

"You know this broad?" He asked them. They nodded.

"She's the soc who saved us from Bob." Ponyboy spoke up. Anger flashed across Dallas's face.