chapter 69 - the dingo

~your p.o.v~

"Listen, I'm busy." I started walking away from Robert, knowing I was going to be late. I felt a bit bad about it, but it wasn't like I was an hour late to some fancy place where we made reservations. I was fifteen minutes late to a little diner where we were just gonna get shakes and probably talk about random things.

I left Robert standing there, ignoring his taunting calls of my name. I finally made it to the dingo and saw Dallas through the window, stirring his water with his straw in a bored manner.

I entered the Dingo and started heading over to where Dallas was heading. He looked up to see who was approaching him and smiled.

"Hey, babe." He said as I slid into the booth across from him. I smiled.

"Hey, sorry I was late. Ran into an 'old friend' on the way over here." I made quotations with my fingers and he seemed intrigued.

"Oh yeah, who?"

"Robert." I answered, shrugging off my jacket and putting it next to me. Dallas scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"What, is he bothering you again? I swear he doesn't know what he's in for-"

"Don't worry about it. He was just acting stupid, that's all." I mumbled, my mind wandering back to his words.

I thought about how he said I've changed and how he thought we'd end up together. He sure had a weird way of showing it.

But most of all, I thought about how he thought Dallas would cheat on me. How it was only a matter of time.

"What's going on in your head, Sheldon?" Dallas asked me and I sighed, snapping out of my daze.

"Nothing. I'm just letting small things get to me, I'll get over it." I gave him a forced smile and he gave me a look like he wasn't convinced.

"Don't lie to me."

"Robert just gets to me sometimes. He just said some things. About me, me and him..." I trailed off looking at Dallas. "About us."

"What'd he say?"

"I don't want to make you upset or anything-"

"Tell me what he said, Y/n." He spoke calmly but sternly.

"He said stuff about how I've changed and how he thought I'd end up dating him. He said that it's only a matter of time before you cheat on me or something. I didn't believe him, don't worry-"

"That son of a bitch." Dallas muttered angrily to himself. "I'm gonna kick his a-"

"Let's not think about him. That's what he'd want us to do, he thinks he can ruin us. Let's prove him wrong, babe." I smiled at Dallas and he calmed down, nodding.

"Yeah, you're right."

-

We talked for hours at the Dingo about anything that came to mind. We talked about the gang, Johnny, music, funny stories, anything and everything.

We talked about how we wanted to leave Tulsa. We made hypothetical plans of one day abandoning this town together. Just going anywhere away from here.

"I'm sick of Tulsa." Dallas stated and I nodded.

"I've traveled some in my life and I can definitely say that Tulsa isn't exactly the best place I've seen." I agreed.

"Yeah. Only thing interesting around here is the gang and you." Dallas said. I smiled.

"Johnny's never even left this neighborhood except for up in Windrixville. Can you believe that? I oughta take him on a road trip sometime or something." I mumbled the last part to myself, making plans in my head.

"It sucks, man. Just Johnny's situation in general." Dallas mumbled, seeming genuinely worried. It was nice to see how much he cared about Johnny. Johnny was one of the only people he had a soft spot for besides me. Dally doesn't worry about many people, but when he does worry about them he can be really thoughtful.

We talked some more and eventually decided to head out since it was dark. We didn't know what we wanted to do, but Dallas had borrowed Buck's car so we were just driving around.

I was starting out the window when I felt Dallas put his hand on my thigh. I looked over at him, a small smile creeping onto my face.

"Are you okay with this?" He asked, referring to his hand on my thigh. I giggled.

"Yeah, I'm more than okay with it." I assured him. He smiled to himself as well, keeping his focus on the road.

"What do you wanna do?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Anything."

Dallas smirked as if he got an idea.

"I think I have something in mind." He spoke up.

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Something illegal, only if you're interested."

"Breaking the law? I like your style, Winston."

You wouldn't expect a date to take this type of a turn so fast, but that's what it's like with Dallas Winston. He's unpredictable. I liked that, though. I couldn't stand relationships that was ordinary and predictable. I needed some flare.

"So where are we off to?" I asked.

"You'll see."