How he is when you're in labour

Calum

"Calum Thomas Hood, if you utter one more word, I will fucking punch you." I nodded, leaning over the hospital bed and clutching the sheets as another contraction hit.

"Babe, I literally asked if you wanted me to give you a back rub." He chuckled, looking at my sister.

"I told you it was a bad idea to get her pregnant." My sister mumbled.

"Lia, can you just fuck off and get some ice chips please?" I groaned, turning over and sitting on the bed as I rested a hand on my bump.

"Sure." She sighed before standing up and leaving. Calum stood up and walked to me.

"I never got an answer on that back rub." He spoke. I looked at him for a moment before going back to my original position.

"Yes, please." I mumbled into the bed sheets. Calum chuckled and shook his head as he started to rub my back.

"You're just like a cat, you know. A bit mean until offered affection." He smiled.

"Fuck you, you did this to me, I'm in a lot of pain right now because you got me pregnant." I groaned.

"The pregnancy that we both wanted." He laughed. I groaned again and put my head against the bed.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"It's okay, my love. I know that you're in pain, and it doesn't help that she decided to come at two in the morning." He spoke.

"Can we spoon? I need to get off of my feet, but I also want to cuddle." I grumbled.

"Course we can, babe. Lie down." He instructed. I took a deep breath and held my bump as I lay down on my side. I smiled to myself as I felt Calum lay next to me before he curled his arm around my waist and rested his hand against my bump.

"Come on, babe. Let's get some sleep. Squeeze my hand if you get a contraction." He spoke softly.

"Thank you, baby. I love you." I sighed.

"Love you too." He chuckled before gently kissing my cheek.

Luke

I sat in the hospital bed, scrolling through social media on my phone as Luke sat in the chair in the corner of my maternity suite. He sighed and tapped his hands against his knees as he looked up at the ceiling. I looked at him over the edge of my phone and smirked.

"I told you that you'd get bored-."

"How the fuck have we been in this hospital for twenty hours and she's still not here?" he scoffed.

"Babe, some women are in labour for three days before they give birth." I shrugged.

"Yeah but you're not even officially in labour yet, you've had, like, three contractions in the last four hours." He sighed.

"Yeah, I'm also eight centimetres dilated and am a little high on gas and air, so I'm not in as much pain, but she's definitely on her way." I spoke as a nurse walked in.

"How is mummy doing?" she asked as she put on a pair of blue rubber gloves.

"I'm okay, I can feel a little pain but it was worse before." I shrugged, putting my phone down.

"Okay." She nodded as her hand disappeared up my hospital gown, making me fidget slightly at the uncomfortable feeling.

"Sorry, but do you have any idea how much longer it'll be before our baby is here?" Luke asked.