Struggling artists *part 1*

Calum (struggling photographer)

I lay on my front, trying to sleep but not being able to. The sheets covered the lower half of my naked body as I rested my head on my arms. Suddenly, I heard a snap. I opened my eyes to see Calum taking his camera away from his eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he crawled back under the covers.

"You're my muse, babe, you know that, and you look absolutely stunning, so I just had to take a picture." He spoke, gently running his fingers up and down my arm.

"Cal, I'm stark naked, with nothing but a bed sheet covering me, and I have what must be awful after-sex hair." I chuckled, making him laugh.

"You could be standing in a bin bag, and you'd still look amazing." He smiled. I returned it and leant up, pressing our lips together.

"Please tell me that that won't be shown to anyone." I muttered against his lips.

"It won't be if you don't want it to be. Anyway, I don't want other guys checking out what's mine." He spoke, pulling me closer. I laughed as I rested my hand against his bare torso.

"Don't worry, baby, I'll make it one day." He mumbled.

"I know." I whispered.

"Just hold on." He spoke.

"I'm not going anywhere." I smiled, kissing him again.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Cal."

Luke (struggling artist)

"I'm home." I yelled as I shut the front door and put down my bag. I looked around, expecting Luke to greet me, but it didn't happen.

"Babe?" I called out as I wandered through the house. I passed the door of the art studio and looked in, seeing Luke sat on the floor, covered in paint and surrounded by plain canvasses, pencils, and every art utensil under the sun. I sighed as I walked into the room. Luke turned around, spotting me.

"Oh, hey, baby, sorry, I didn't hear you come in." he smiled as he stood up. I sighed as I looked him up and down. He mimicked my actions, looking down at his paint-stained jeans and splattered black T-shirt before looking back at me.

"Sorry. I found your old quotes book and it inspired me. I couldn't wait, so I just...I just did it." He shrugged.

"Can I see it?" I asked.

"Sure." He nodded, turning around and revealing a beautiful painting of me, surrounded by quotes that were straight out of my book.

"Oh, my god, Luke. It's beautiful." I gushed.

"You like it?" he asked hopefully.

"Baby, I love it, it's stunning." I smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"This is going to be the one, I can feel it." He sighed.

"Definitely. You're going to make it, babe." I spoke. He smiled before leaning down and placing his lips against mine.

"Soon, baby, soon." He muttered against my lips before tapping my nose, making it feel wet. I touched the spot and my finger turned black.

"Did you just paint me, Hemmings?" I laughed.

"Pfft, no." he chuckled. I grabbed a paintbrush and flicked it at him.

"Oh, it's on, baby." He laughed, throwing paint back at me.

Michael (struggling musician)

I looked up from my phone to see Michael shutting the front door and letting out a huge sigh.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked, not moving from my spot on the sofa.

"Another record producer denied my tape." He spoke as he dropped his bag on the floor.

"Aw, baby, I'm sorry." I replied, sitting up.

"No...don't move." He muttered. My eyebrows knotted in confusion as I lay back down. He sighed as he lay down on top of me and buried his face in the crook of my neck. I started to run my fingers through his dark red hair.

"Why did they reject it?" I asked.

"They said that it was nothing new, and it was the same sound that no one listened to anymore." He mumbled into my neck, breathing heavily against my skin.

"Oh, babe, I'm sorry. For what it's worth, I love your tracks. I could happily listen to them for the rest of my life." I spoke. He raised his head to look at me.

"You mean that?" he asked.

"Of course. Well, as much as I love listening to your music, I'd prefer to listen to you for the rest of my life." I smiled, making him return it.

"Don't worry, baby. As soon as I get my shot, I'll buy you the best engagement ring that money can buy." He promised, kissing my wedding finger.

"I don't need an engagement ring, as long as I have you." I whispered. He smiled as he leant down and kissed me.

"I love you, so much."

"I love you too, Mikey."

Ashton (struggling writer)

I walked into the kitchen to see Ashton typing rapidly into his laptop. I walked behind him and leant down, looping my arms over his shoulders and kissing his neck before looking at the screen.

"What are you doing, baby?" I asked.

"You said something earlier that I loved, so I wrote it down and I managed to write three new chapters on it." He spoke, focusing on the screen.

"Aw, that's brilliant! I'm glad I could help." I replied. He quickly stood up and turned to face me.

"Babe, you did more than just help." He smiled before taking my face and kissing me passionately. I returned it quickly, wrapping my arms around his waist. He broke the kiss and touched our foreheads.

"I worked out our money for this month. With your promotion, with the extra hundred pounds you got this month, I realised that we could have a treat. So, I went ahead and bought this." He spoke as he let me go and got down on one knee, taking out a small but beautiful ring. I covered my mouth with my hand in shock.

"Baby, you've been there for me through thick and thin. When I spent the majority of our savings on the book, you didn't leave me, you stuck by me and you believed in me, which only made me love you more. So, Y/N, will you marry me?" he asked.

"Oh, my god, Ash...yes." I smiled. He returned it as he stood up and placed the ring on my finger before kissing me again.

"It may not be a thousand-pound engagement ring, but it's the best I could do." He spoke.

"It's beautiful, Ash. It could be a jelly ring, and I would still love it." I chuckled. He laughed before kissing me again.