Midnight drive (Luke)

Luke

I woke up and looked around. I groaned at the time. 11:59. I sighed as I swung my legs over the side of the bed before looking over my shoulder to check that I hadn't woken Luke up. I stood up and grabbed his flannel and a pair of skinny jeans. I put them on and left the bedroom. I grabbed the car keys from the hook by the door and opened it.

"Where are you going?" I turned around to see Luke standing there.

"I can't sleep, and I fancy a midnight drive, so..." my voice trailed off. He grabbed his jacket and shrugged it on.

"I'll come with you." He spoke as he walked towards me.

"Babe, it's okay, you're leaving again tomorrow-."

"Exactly, I'm leaving tomorrow. You know I can't sleep the night before I leave, and anyway, it's my last chance to go on a drive with my favourite girl." He smiled, placing a kiss on my head. I smiled at him as we walked out the front door.

Luke drove us along the road that led to the beach. I let my fingers dance in the wind, completely at bliss with only the sound of the engine humming floating into the night. I looked at Luke.

"What am I going to do when you're not here?" I sighed. He looked at me.

"You're going to take yourself on midnight drives." He chuckled.

"It won't be the same without you." I huffed. He sighed as he placed his hand on my thigh.

"I know, baby, but you know how it works. I'll only be gone for two months, and then I'll be back before you know it." He reassured.

"I know." I sighed.

"I love you." He smiled goofily at me.

"I love you too." I chuckled.