You buy a dog together

Calum

I opened my eyes slowly and looked at the time. Six fifteen a.m. I sighed and closed my eyes again before rolling over and going to put my arm around Calum's waist. My eyebrows furrowed as my arm wrapped around Pixie instead. I sighed and sat up as I looked at Calum, sighing again as he had Pixie cuddled into his side.

"Babe." I mumbled.

"Mmm." He hummed in his sleep.

"Baby." I whined.

"Five more minutes." He yawned, pulling Pixie closer to him. I rolled my eyes.

"Calum." I spat. He opened his eyes slowly and smiled at me.

"Morning, babe." He yawned.

"One of the conditions of us getting a dog was that she wouldn't be allowed to sleep in the bed with us." I sighed.

"Yeah but, babe, she woke me up this morning by whining at the door, and I just had to bring her into bed with us." He pouted. I looked at them.

"Two days ago, you cuddled me like that." I chuckled.

"Well, now I have a new girl to cuddle." He laughed, kissing Pixie's head.

"Oh, no, you don't, I love her, but that dog isn't cock-blocking me." I grinned.

"Don't worry, babe, we'll still have sex, we just won't cuddle." He smirked.

"If you honestly think that, you're not getting sex either." I laughed before walking into the bathroom.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, babe." Calum laughed.

Luke

"Let's get a dog." Luke spoke, looking at me. I chuckled.

"Babe, we've got a baby coming in four months, it's not a good idea to have a newborn and a puppy in the house." I spoke.

"Okay, but we could get an older dog who's already trained, that way we don't have to have an excited puppy around a baby." He shrugged.

"What happens when the baby grows up with the dog and the dog dies when our child is only five? That stuff stays with you." I spoke.

"Okay, get a dog that isn't a puppy, but also isn't about to drop dead of old age, you're making this a lot more complicated than it has to be." He laughed, making me return it.

"Alright, we'll get a dog." I nodded.

"Thank you, I love you." He smiled before pecking my lips.

Luke and I walked around the pet shop, hand in hand as we looked around.

"Aww, look at this little princess." Luke spoke in a baby voice as he immediately ran up to a Labrador.

"She is pretty cute and Labradors make great pets for children." I nodded.

"Babe, we have to get her." He smiled as the puppy licked his face.

"Are you sure that we're making the right decision, Luke?" I asked.

"I'm positive, baby girl. Our child is going to love growing up with a pet." He spoke as he stroked her.

"Okay. I guess she's the one then." I smiled, petting her too.

Michael

"I don't think this is a good idea." I sighed as Michael and I walked into the pet shop.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because she's turning seven, and she's getting a dog." I scoffed.

"She wants a dog, babe, and maybe it'll teach her some responsibility." He shrugged.

"Seven, Mikey. Your daughter is turning seven. Not seventeen." I spoke.

"We get Jackson and Milo what they want for their birthdays, so it only seems fair that we do it for Haley too." He replied.

"Yes, but they're eighteen and fifteen. Jackson is an adult, Milo is practically an adult. Haley is still a child." I sighed.

"We're getting her a dog, babe." He chuckled.

"Fine, but when she doesn't pick up its shit, I'm not doing it." I scoffed.

"Fine, whatever it takes to get my princess that dog." He grinned.

"This little guy is cute." Michael smiled as he picked a Spaniel up.

"She wants a bulldog, babe." I sighed.

"Okay. That's okay. We can do that." He nodded before standing back up.

Ashton

I sat on the sofa, scrolling through my phone.

"Babe, you know how you love me?" Ashton smiled as he walked into the room.

"We're not getting a kitten." I sighed.

"What, no, babe, I want a puppy." He spoke. I looked at him.

"Why?" I scoffed.

"Because they're cute as fuck. Calum's dog just had a litter, which he's keen to sell, and it's good practice for when we have a baby." He shrugged.

"A baby and a dog are completely different things, Ash." I chuckled.

"I can practice." He smiled.

"Alright then." I nodded.

Ashton knocked on Calum's door before stepping back. The door opened and Calum smiled at us.

"Hey guys, you have no idea how helpful you're being by buying a puppy, Kara just wants rid of them." He chuckled as he let us in.

"Of course, they're adorable, and this one wants to practice his father skills on one." I laughed.

"Oi." Ashton chuckled before picking one of the puppies up. He laughed as it licked his face.

"He's the one, babe, I can feel it." He smiled at me.

"Alright then. One puppy please, Cal." I chuckled.