6. SMOKE

| CHAPTER SIX |

SMOKE.

"DOES IT HURT TERRIBLY, DRACO?"

Hazel could hear Pansy Parkinson fussing over the blonde haired boy all the way from the Slytherin table, as he clutched onto his injured arm with fake pain written across his face.

He seemed to have gotten injured during Hagrid's very first lesson. Hermione explained to Hazel how the Slytherin boy approached a Hippogriff after Hagrid very clearly explained what not to do when in the presence of such a majestic creature.

"It comes and goes," Draco replied dramatically, "Still, I considered myself lucky. Madam Pomfrey said another minute and I could've lost my arm from that vile creature."

Hazel scoffed and rolled her eyes, "The only vile creature here is him," She muttered angrily, causing George to place his hand onto her shoulder to comfortingly. The gesture managing to calm her down practically instantly. 

"At least Hagrid isn't getting fired," Lee commented, sending a dark glare at the blonde haired Slytherin.

"Good. He shouldn't be getting fired, he clearly told the class what not to do," Hazel sternly said, "It's not his fault Draco has no brain cells and couldn't follow simple instructions."

George snorted at that, before looking serious again, "I heard his father's furious, though."

"He should be furious at himself rather than anyone else," Hazel muttered, her eyebrows furrowed.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Came a shout from the entrance of the Great Hall, as a third year Gryffindor came running in, waving the Daily Prophet in his hand before slamming it down in front of his friends further down the table.

"Who?" Fred questioned as the four fifteen year olds stood up, walking over to the young boy and the crowd of Gryffindors that formed him.

"Sirius Black!"

Hazel couldn't help but glance at George with a worried expression on her face. He was probably the only person - apart from Hazel herself and Remus - that knew about Sirius' connection to the  Lupin's. 

"Dufftown? That's not far from here," Lee stated as he glanced down at the newspaper.

"You don't think he'd to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville Longbottom questioned nervously.

"With dementors at every entrance?"

"Dementors?" Seamus Finnigan scoffed, "He slipped past them once already, who's to say he won't do it again?"

"That's right," Dean commented, "Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands."

-

"RIGHT, SO WHO HERE CAN tell me why the Boggart is shaking in the wardrobe?" Professor Lupin questioned, pointing to the tattered wardrobe behind him which has been shaking ever since the fifth year students entered the classroom.

A few students raised their hands up, all eager to say the right answer.

Professor Lupin nodded at a redhead Hufflepuff, who cleared her throat out and said, "There's too many of us. It doesn't know what shape it should become."

The Professor beamed at her, "Excellent Sophie, exactly that, five points to Hufflepuff," The Hufflepuff puffed her chest out proudly, "And does anyone know the charm to defeat the Boggart with?" He questioned, scanning the faces of each student.

When no one put their hand up, not even proud Sophie, Hazel let out a small sigh and slowly lifted hers up. She hadn't answered any other questions in this class, not wanting any students assuming that just because her father was the Professor, the brunette was getting some sort of special treatment.

Remus smiled proudly when he spotted his daughter's hand slowly, but surely, raising up and he nodded at her, encouraging the fifteen year old to answer.

"You have to force it to become something you find amusing whilst saying Riddikulus," Hazel explained, "Boggarts hate laughter."

George glanced over at the brunette, smiling at her with a proud gleam in his brown eyes.

"Excellent, Hazel, five points to Gryffindor," Professor Lupin praised, "We'll practise the charm without words first," He directed his statement at the whole class, "So, repeat after me, Riddikulus."

The silence of the classroom was suddenly filled with every student repeating the charm back to the Professor. 

"Good. Very good," Professor Lupin smiled, clapping his hands together as he carefully watched the students, "But, I'm afraid that was just the easy part. Can I have a volunteer, please?"

A few scattered hands flew up in the air. Even George's hand rose up; something Fred looked confused about, whilst Hazel looked down; making sure not to make eye contact with her father and have him pick her.

"George Weasley, come on up here."

George sent a quick wink at Hazel, before he pushed his way through the Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs before he came to a stop right in front of the shaking wardrobe. 

Remus moved from besides the wardrobe, over to George's side. He placed his hand on the ginger haired boy's shoulder and said, "Right, George. First things first, what would you say is the thing that frightens you the most in the world?"