68. OUTSIDE THE WORLD OF ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT

| CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT |

OUTSIDE THE WORLD OF ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT. 

THE ONE THING HAZEL MISSED during the Christmas holiday was Harry's Defence Against the Dark Arts classes. The subject was interesting to the brunette and she loved learning new spells and since Harry seemed to love teaching it was definitely more enjoyable. 

It seemed that the rest of the students shared her happiness when it came to those classes as laughter could be heard in all corners of the Room of Requirements. However, the laughter quickly vanished when a loud noise could be heard from outside. 

Hazel felt her smile drop as she turned to face the door, George pushed her slightly behind himself as everyone gathered around, their wands pointed towards the door. 

"Bombarda Maxima."

 Suddenly the door burst open. The amount of force sent the wall around it to smash into pieces. Dust and cement flew around the room and only once it cleared was Hazel able to spot Umbridge standing there, looking smug, behind her was Filch and a handful of Slytherins; including Malfoy and his usual posse.

Umbridge's eyes scanned the shocked faces of the students before her, before they suddenly hardened as she turned around. Hazel furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she watched the woman whispering something to Filch. She tried as hard as she could to hear what the pink woman was saying, but she couldn't make any words out.

Suddenly, Filch let out a low chuckle before he walked past the woman, heading straight towards Harry Potter. Hazel shared a worried look with George as they stayed stuck in their positions, merely watching everything unfold at high speed. Hermione pushed in front of her best friend but the caretaker simply pushed her out of the way as he seized Harry's arm and pulled him away from the group. 

"Take him to Dumbledore's office," Professor Umbridge instructed the caretaker, who nodded and pulled Harry out of the Room of Requirements without any questions, "Take the rest to my office," She told the handful of Slytherins behind her, "I've got to inform the Minister about this," She mumbled to herself, letting out a giggle as soon as the words left her mouth.

The Slytherins and Umbridge managed to shepherd the rest of the group out of the Room of Requirements. Hazel stayed close to George as they walked slowly, trying to waste more of their time. When they exited the room, Hazel's eyes spotted Cho Chang standing right outside, her eyes full of tears as she refused to make eye contact with anyone. 

-