80. RON'S BIRTHDAY

| CHAPTER EIGHTY |

RON'S BIRTHDAY.

"SO, ALL IN ALL, NOT one of Ron's better birthdays?" Fred muttered sarcastically.

Hazel bit her lip as she nudged Fred in the side, shaking her head disapprovingly. It was late evening on Ron Weasley's seventeen birthday. A day he, unfortunately, had to spend inside the Hospital Wing at Hogwarts, in a state of unconsciousness.

The Weasley's received a message from Dumbledore, explaining how the youngest Weasley boy had been poisoned and was now being treated by Madam Pomfrey. Without question, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley travelled to the wizarding school by Floo Powder. The twins and Hazel arriving shortly after.

The hospital wing was extremely quiet - practically empty -, the windows were completely covered by curtains, blocking out the natural light. The lamps positioned on each bedside table were the only things lighting up the room. Hermione and Ginny were seated side by side right next to Ron's bed, their eyes glued on the ginger haired boy with worried expressions etched on their pale faces. Harry was standing on the other side of the bed, looking troubled.

Hazel stood right at the foot of the bed, Fred and George on either side of her. Both worry and relief were rushing through her veins. Worry as it could take Ron hours and potentially even days to wake up, but relief because Madam Pomfrey had promised them that the boy would be absolutely okay and that she was able to save him just in time (thanks to Harry's help). Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were up in Dumbledore's office, probably discussing what had happened.

"This isn't how we imagined handing over our presents," George commented grimly, he moved forwards to place a large, wrapped gift on the bedside table, before he moved back to his original spot besides his fiancé. 

"Yeah," Fred nodded, his eyes locked on his youngest brother, "When we pictured the scene, he was conscious."

"There we were," George spoke, "In Hogsmeade, waiting to surprise him--"

"You were in Hogsmeade?" Ginny questioned, looking up at the twins.

Fred nodded, "We were thinking of buying Zonko's," He confessed, "A Hogsmeade branch, you know, but a fat lot of good it'll do us if you lot aren't allowed out at weekends to buy our stuff anymore...But never mind that now," He drew up a chair besides Harry, "How exactly did it happen, Harry?"

Hazel's dark eyes snapped away from Ron's unconscious pale face over to Harry. The spectacled boy let out a deep sigh before he explained everything to them. He told them all about the love potion some girl by the name of Romilda Vane put in Harry's chocolates, which Ron then ate by mistake. He explained the celebratory drink Professor Slughorn gave to him and Ron, how Ron began to foam at the mouth out of nowhere, "...And then I got the bezoar down his throat and his breathing eased up a bit," Harry stated, "Slughorn ran for help, McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey turned up, they brought Ron up here. They said he'll be fine. Madam Pomfrey says he'll have to stay here for a week or so."