10. WE MUST WIN

| CHAPTER TEN |

WE MUST WIN.

THE GREAT HALL WAS PRACTICALLY unrecognisable.

Instead of the five tables - which belonged to each house - were rows and rows of sleeping bags. All of them being occupied by the students. The tall ceiling was bewitched to look like the night sky with shooting stars and a bright moon giving the students some comfort in this stressful time.

Hazel stared up at the stars. Her mind bustling with noise and wandering about where Sirius actually was. Even though the man wasn't found in the school, she couldn't help but wonder how could they be fully sure that he wasn't hiding in one of the small broom closets, obstructing himself with a bucket and mop. Not only that, but she also thought back to earlier that day, how good they day started off being, how good it was until she and George reached the school. The brunette Gryffindor fell asleep with a small, yet noticeable smile on her face.

The following day carried out as usual. No one managed to find any signs of the loose murder and agreed to let the students sleep back in their own dormitories. Something Hazel couldn't be more happy about, yes, she managed to fall asleep pretty quick, but was woken up multiple times through the time due to any loud noises students thought would be funny to do. Needless to say, the following morning she was absolutely shattered.

Remus wanted to make sure his daughter was safe and when he spotted her at the Gryffindor table, fast asleep on George's shoulder as the ginger haired boy ate his breakfast quietly, he knew that she was and with a small smile on his face, Remus left to go back to his classroom.

The sleeping on George's shoulder, however, didn't go unnoticed by anyone in the school. Fred and Lee were very quick to start teasing the pair through the whole day. They were quickly followed by Ron and Harry who were followed by Peeves the Poltergeist which was then, somehow, followed by Sir Cadogan; the painting which now stood in front of the Gryffindor common room, since the Fat Lady refused to come back, being absolutely traumatised by the previous day's events.

Now with Sir Cadogan it was much more difficult getting in and even out of the Gryffindor common room, especially for all the Gryffindors. The man would talk non-stop and of course, challenging people to duel with him as he sat on his grey pony. Not only that, but the man in the portrait also changed the passwords about twice a day, this of course caused all the lions to be extremely annoyed.

-

THE WEATHER WORSENED AS THE first Quidditch match drew closer, and the Gryffindor team were training harder than ever before.

"We're not playing Slytherin," Oliver informed them during their last training session before the first game of the year, "Flint's just been to see me. We're playing Hufflepuff instead," The older boy huffed, crossing his arms over his chest with annoyance.

"What? Why?" Fred questioned.

"Flint's excuse was that their Seeker's arm's still injured," Oliver explained and Hazel noticed how his jaw clenched, "But it's obvious as to why they're doing it. Don't want to play in this weather. They think they'll damaged their chances."

"But there's nothing wrong with his arm," Hazel spoke up, an annoyed look on her face, "He's clearly faking it."

Harry nodded, vouching for the brunette's statement.

"I know that, but we can't prove it," Oliver said bitterly, "And we've been practising all those moves aiming we're playing Slytherin, instead its Hufflepuff, and their style is quite different. They've got a new Seeker, Cedric Diggory-"

Alicia Spinnet and Katie Bell suddenly giggled.

"What?" The captain of the team asked, frowning at the two girls.

"He's that, tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" Katie asked, her voice sounding dreamy.

"Strong and silent," Alicia added as they started giggling again.

Hazel shrugged, "He reminds me of a vampire," She commented.

George snorted at Hazel's comment, before directing his attention back to Oliver, "I don't know why you're worried, Oliver. Hufflepuff's are a pushover. Last time we played them, Harry caught the Snitch in about five minutes, remember?"

Oliver sighed in annoyance, "We are playing in completely different conditions!" He shouted, his hazel eyes bulging slightly, "Diggory's put a very strong team together. He's an excellent Seeker too! I was afraid you'd take it like this! We must not relax! We must keep our focus! Slytherins are trying to wrong-foot us! We must win!"

"Oliver, calm down," Fred said, looking alarmed at the outburst of their team captain, who was now beetroot in the face, "We're taking Hufflepuff very seriously. Siriusly." The ginger haired boy snorted, nudging Hazel as both she and George began laughing under their breath, Oliver's deadpanned expression didn't help as the pair began howling with laughter.