53. MCGONAGALL IS GOING TO ABSOLUTELY BATTER UMBRIDGE

| CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE |

MCGONAGALL IS GOING TO ABSOLUTELY BATTER UMBRIDGE.

AFTER THE 'I LOVE YOU'S, Hazel and George strolled through the school together. Their fingers intertwined and the biggest grins plastered on their faces. Hazel had never felt happier, and truthfully, neither has George. It was strange - yet fascinating - what three simple words could do and how they could make you feel like you're on top of the world.

However, the thoughts of Professor Umbridge literally torturing students as a punishment was still in the back of George's head; especially when his fingers brushed over the back of Hazel's left hand and he made a promise to himself to put some Puking Pastels into Umbridge's tea. He snapped out of his thoughts of punishing Umbridge when Hazel suddenly stopped walking, her eyes wide and glued to a set of stairs.

George followed her gaze, noticing a large crowd of students at the bottom of the staircase, Professor McGonagall and Professor Umbridge standing right at the top, both of the women glaring daggers at one another.

"What's going on?" Hazel questioned as she pulled George to stand besides Fred and Lee; both boys looked more than excited.

"McGonagall is going to absolutely batter Umbridge," Lee said with an excited tone in his voice.

Hazel and George shared confused, yet slightly amused, glances with one another before Umbridge's shrill voice echoed throughout the hall, "Pardon me, Professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" She questioned.

Hazel bit her lip as she nervously glanced around the students; most of whom were Slytherins, all looking extremely amused. Her dark eyes did catch Harry Potter's though, and the both of them shared a saddened look, not having seen one another since the extremely unfortunate Quidditch practise.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes down to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practises," Professor McGonagall said, her voice was eerily calm as her eyes seemed on fire.

Umbridge let out a sickly sweet laugh, "So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva."

Hazel nervously watched as McGonagall stepped onto a different step, looming over the pink woman, "Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods."

Hazel shared a quick look with Harry, the pair of them glancing down at their left hands. Hazel's dark eyes inspected the scarring on the back of her hand, I must not lie permanently etched in her porcelain skin. With a sad look, the brunette glanced up at her boyfriend and saw the anger flashing through his usually soft eyes.

"I am sorry, dear," Professor Umbridge said, "But to question my authorities is to question the Ministry...and by that extend the Minister himself," The pink woman took two steps up and now she loomed over McGonagall. With one last glare at the professor, Umbridge turned her attention to the crowd of students, "I am a tolerant woman," She said clearing her throat. 

Hazel squeezed George's hand, feeling anger seeping in through her veins.

"But the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty," Umbridge sneered, "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action," And with that, the pink woman turned around and finally made her way up the stairs.

Hazel glanced over at her boyfriend, "Maybe we should kill her."