15. RESIGNED

| CHAPTER FIFTEEN |

RESIGNED.

HAZEL STAYED IN THE HOSPITAL wing with Ron, whilst Harry and Hermione disappeared off somewhere. The ginger haired boy had been passed out for pretty much most of the time; most likely due to the pain from his leg, whilst Hazel went in and out of consciousness due to her exhausted state.

Hazel didn't even remember falling asleep. All she remembered was coming back into consciousness when Ron was yelling dramatically about Harry and Hermione being in two different places. Of course, the ginger haired boy began to think he was going crazy, whilst Hazel knew the truth; she had spotted the strange looking necklace around Hermione's neck earlier that night.

When her tired eyes spotted the two standing at the door of the medical wing with cheeky smiles on their faces, she knew they had achieved what they needed to. Since two thirds of the Golden Trio had returned, Hazel decided that it was finally time to go and see her father.

She was hoping that he was okay, especially since last night was probably one of his worst Full Moons in a long while.

The brunette reached his office and just before her fist could knock gently on the door, Remus' voice called out from the inside, "Come on in, Hazel."

Confused, Hazel pushed opened the door, "How did you know I was there?" She questioned, her eyes glancing at her father as he packed up his belongings, "Wait. What are you doing?"

Remus glanced up at his daughter, she noticed a new scar on his face, adding to his collection. A tired smile on his face as he nodded at the Marauder's Map on his desk, "I resigned," He added causing Hazel to widen her eyes in surprise.

Before she could ask anymore questions, the sound of someone knocking on the door caught her attention. Hazel twisted her head, smiling politely at Harry as he sheepishly walked in, apologising for turning up unannounced.

"Hello, Harry," Remus greeted, "I saw you coming," He told the spectacled boy who was standing still, his eyes carefully inspecting the Professor; who looked as if he hadn't slept for a decade, "Believe me, I've looked worse," Remus smiled politely at Harry.

"You've been sacked," Harry observed as he closed the door and walked over to stand besides Hazel.

"No," Remus confused, "I resigned, actually."

Harry's eyes widened, he glanced between Remus and Hazel, a confused expression on his face, "What? Resigned? Why?"

"My thoughts exactly, Harry," Hazel commented, sending her father an amused look.

"Well, it would seem that somebody let slip of my condition. This time tomorrow the owls will start arriving and parents will not want...Well, someone like me teaching their children," Remus explained, he kept a smile on his face but Hazel could tell that he was disappointed with the situation. 

Her chest tightened as she looked at her father with a saddened expression.

Harry too looked devastated. Remus had been the first teacher than Harry felt like he could completely trust, "But, Dumbledore..."

"Has already risked enough on my behalf," Remus said, cutting Harry off, "Besides, people like me are...Well, let's just say, I'm used to it by now. Why do you look so miserable, Harry?" Remus questioned as he closed his suitcase.

Harry frowned, "None of it made any difference. Pettigrew escaped."

"Didn't make any difference?" Remus asked looking flabbergasted, "It made all the difference in the world, Harry. You uncovered the truth. You saved an innocent man from a terrible fate. It made a great deal of difference," Remus explained, "Now, since I am no longer your teacher...I feel no guilt whatsoever about giving this back to you," He added, smiling mischievously as he handed the Marauder's Map back to Harry, "Now, I'll be saying goodbye, Harry. But, I know we will meet again, trust me."

Harry smiled softly at the man, before shoving the Map into his back pocket. 

Remus grabbed his suitcase before walking up to Hazel. He pressed a small kiss on the brunette's forehead, "I'll see you at home, Hazel," He said, ruffling her hair, "We'll talk more there."