85. YOU'RE SO MUCH LIKE HER

| CHAPTER EIGHTY-FIVE |

YOU'RE SO MUCH LIKE HER.

HAZEL WEASLEY HAD NEVER DANCED so much in her entire life. She had also never smiled for so long and she loved it. She had danced with almost every guest at her wedding, and of course with her husband too. Her arms were wrapped around George's neck, their eyes glued to one another as they swayed side to side, practically ignoring the world around them.

"Sorry to interrupt," Remus smiled sheepishly, "But can I steal her for a moment?"

"Of course," George nodded, he unwrapped his arms from Hazel's waist. Before he walked off, he placed a quick kiss on her cheek.

"I don't think I've ever seen you this happy," Remus commented as he began to dance with his daughter, "Marriage looks good on you."

Hazel nodded, the grin was still very present on her face, "I don't think I've ever been this happy," She confessed.

"Well, I know you told me not to get you anything..." Remus muttered, they stopped dancing whilst Remus shoved his hand into his blazer pocket, rummaging around in it before he pulled out a small velvet box.

"Dad..." Hazel breathed out as she opened the lid, her eyes were met with the most gorgeous necklace she had ever seen. It was a beautiful royal blue sapphire, shaped as a heart. 

"It was your mums," Remus explained, a teary look in his eyes, "I know she would've wanted you to have it."

"Would-Would you put it on for me?" Hazel stuttered, seeing her father teary eyed made her emotional.

Remus nodded and Hazel passed the necklace back to him. She turned around, moving her long brown locks onto her shoulder. Remus softly placed the necklace on her neck, clasping it shut. 

"She would've been so proud of you, Hazel," Remus spoke in a soft voice, he watched as his daughter turned back around, a soft smile on her face as her fingers were locked around the dainty necklace.

"Tell me more about her, I love it when you do," She breathed out, a pleading look in her eyes. She knew it was hard for her father to speak about her mother, but much to her surprise Remus agreed to. He led his daughter off the dance floor and they took a seat at the quietest table. 

"She was beautiful, as you already know," Remus began, a reminiscent gleam in his eyes as he spoke about his old love, "She was my best friend. I got her that necklace because that was the colour of her eyes," He smiled softly, "I'm sorry that you didn't inherit them from her..." They both chuckled softly, "...Her name was Cassiopeia...Cassiopeia Black."

Hazel's eyes widened in shock. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish, "W-W-What?" She stuttered, a wave of confusion rushing through her.

Remus bit his lip as he nodded, "I'm sorry I never told you," He sighed sadly, "It was easier for you to not know, with Sirius in Azkaban for thirteen years, I didn't want to burden you..." Neither of them said anything, Hazel was still completely and utterly shocked as she stared at her father. She didn't blame him for not telling her, understanding exactly why he didn't, "...But now I think it's time for you to know. She was Sirius younger sister."

"How--How did she...?"

Remus gulped, "She went with Regulus to do a job for Dumbledore... Neither of them came back."

Hazel didn't even realise that she was crying until her teardrop fell onto her palm. Quickly, she wiped her eyes, hoping not to smudge her neatly done make-up. 

"I hope you're not angry at me, because I need to ask you an important question."

Hazel shook her head frantically, "I'm not mad, dad," She told him sincerely, placing her hand over his, "I understand why you didn't say anything. You lost her, I can't imagine how hard that was for you."

Remus smiled through his tears, "You're so much like her. She was too forgiving too," He sighed sadly. 

A comforting silence overtook them for a moment. Hazel could finally hear the bustling guest behind them, all of them laughing and cheering as they enjoyed themselves. 

"The war is coming again," Remus finally spoke up, "We want you to be our babies Godmother, if you wouldn't mind that?"

Hazel's lips widened, "Really?" She asked happily.

Remus nodded his head, smiling through his tears, "Really."

"Of course!" Hazel nodded frantically, without warning she threw her arms over her father as he chuckled and held her close to his chest, beaming proudly. He placed a quick kiss on her hair before his arms studiedly stiffened, "What's wrong?" Hazel questioned, looking up to see his father's wide eyes.

"Nothing," He said, far too quickly for Hazel's likings.

Confused, the brunette glanced over her shoulder, her eyes suddenly spotted what her dad was looking at. Her dark eyes widened as she stared at a certain French woman, dancing in the middle of the dance floor, everyone's eyes looking nervously at her, "Is that a wedding dress!?"