16. TON-TONGUE TOFFEE

| CHAPTER SIXTEEN |

TON-TONGUE TOFFEE. 

THE SUMMER HOLIDAY - SO FAR - had been incredible for Hazel, and it was about to get even more incredible. 

She had spend practically the most of her summer holiday with her dad at her granddad's cosy house up in the country side. Lyall Lupin was the best grandfather anyone could ever have. He was incredibly kind-hearted, smart and sweet and Hazel loved him to bits. So, when she was finally leaving to go to the Burrow she was secretly devastated, but the fact that she knew she would see Lyall again at Christmas cheered her right up.

Hazel arrived at the Burrow around lunchtime, when Mr. Weasley, Ron, Fred and George were off at Privet Drive, collecting Harry. Mrs. Weasley greeted the brunette with a tight hug before sitting the teen at the kitchen table - where Charlie and Bill Weasley were already seated at - , bringing them all types of food just in case they was hungry before gushing over Hazel's new hairstyle. See, over the summer when it got extremely humid, Hazel decided to get a hair cut; it wasn't anything major, just a trim.

Charlie munched away happily, whilst Hazel and Bill chatted about their summers so far, as well as Bill's job. The older man worked as a Curse-Breaker for the Gringotts Wizarding Bank in Egypt. Bill was usually quiet about his job, however, he would always tell Hazel about some of the most interesting items he'd find and remove curses from. Some of the most popular items that were usually cursed were mirrors and pendants. The most unusual ones were things like Muggle pens and even clothes.

Suddenly, a loud bang came from the fireplace, and Mrs. Weasley rushed over inspecting the twins that casually walked out of it. Hazel noticed how their hair was much longer now; reaching their shoulders. She also took note of the fact that they somehow grew taller over the summer and now Mrs. Weasley was half their size.

"Hazel!" Fred yelled with an excited tone of voice, before; without any warning, he ran straight towards the brunette. He pulled her up from the chair, before wrapping his arms around her in a bone crushing hug.

"Looks like someone missed me," Hazel commented with a chuckle before they pulled away. 

"Someone certainly did," Fred commented with a large smirk on his face as he winked at George; who began to turn as red as a beetroot.

Hazel's eyes found George's, They both were staring right into each other's soul before the ginger haired boy finally walked closer to her and pulled the brunette into a hug; one that was much more gentle than Fred's.

Hazel took in a deep breath. Inhaling George's scent as her arms wrapped themselves around his middle. The hug felt much more meaning full than the one she had with Fred. It was almost as if neither she or George wanted to let go anytime soon.