21. DAD COLLECTS PLUGS

| CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE |

DAD COLLECTS PLUGS.

HAZEL STAYED AT THE BURROW for the rest of the summer holiday. 

Remus stayed at the Burrow for the first few days after the incident at the Quidditch World Cup, he left a week before the last day of the summer break. Whilst he stayed with his daughter, he picked up on the strange glances she and a certain redheaded twin shared. Glances that seemingly everyone - apart from Ron - had picked up on.

Ginny and Fred were the only two that knew what had actually happened between Hazel and George. Fred of course found out first, as soon as George and Hazel walked into the kitchen together, their cheeks as red as tomatoes and their lips swollen ever so slightly he instantly knew what had happened and later that night interrogated his twin until George finally broke down and confessed about the kiss. Fred patted his twin on the back, muttering 'finally' under his breath as he did so. 

Since Ginny and Hazel shared a room and the brunette came in with the widest grin on her face, Ginny interrogated her as much - if not more - than Fred did to George. When Hazel eventually admitted to kissing George, Ginny squeaked excitingly and extremely loudly; so loud, in fact, Ron heard it as he was trying to sneak a plate of biscuits up the stairs to his room, it caused him to jump out of his skin and sent the plate flying down to the bottom of the stairs, shattering into a thousand tiny pieces. 

The morning that marked the end of the summer, Hazel woke up extremely early due to Ginny jumping up and down on her bed, exclaiming that Mrs. Weasley had prepared breakfast. All Hazel wanted to do was turn to the other side and go back to sleep, but the feeling of Ginny's feet kicking her limbs every few seconds made that task extremely difficult. So, instead she groggily got up. 

When Ginny was pleased with waking Hazel up, she finally left to go downstairs; already fully clothed and ready to go. She quickly cleaned herself up in Ginny's bathroom before getting changed from her pyjamas into some of her muggle clothes.

Once she was dressed she felt much more awake than before, and finally trudged down the stairs. She noticed Harry standing near the bottom of the stairs, looking weirdly at Mr. Weasley. Following Harry's line of view, Hazel spotted Mr. Weasley crouching in front of the fireplace, talking intensely into the fire; which sported Amos Diggory's face on it. 

"I still can't get used to magic," Harry muttered under his breath, sharing an amused look with the brunette before they made their way into the kitchen.

"Harry! Hazel!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed, she rushed over to the pair as soon as she spotted them, her hair was messy and she wore an apron that seemed far too big for her, "Good morning you two, I didn't think you were up," She stated addressing Harry before glancing back over to Hazel, "Go on, go get yourself something to eat you two," Mrs. Weasley shepherd the pair over to the table, which was overfilling with breakfast food. The scene reminded Hazel of the Great Hall. 

Hazel's gaze met George's and she felt her cheeks burning up. The brunette tucked a strand of her short hair behind her ear as she quickly looked away from the ginger haired boy and quickly walked over to the free seat besides Ginny; who was smirking knowingly at Hazel already.

Not long after Hazel started on her eggs and bacon, Mr. Weasley ran into the kitchen wearing his outdoor coat and holding a scrubbed up briefcase in his right hand, informing his wife that he had to go to the Ministry of Magic.

"Are you sure you won't have a bit of toast or anything before you go?" Mrs. Weasley asked, pushing a plate of stacked toasts towards her husband.

Mr. Weasley grabbed one piece of buttered toast from the stack before kissing his wife on the cheek, "Molly, are you going to be alright taking the kids to King's Cross?" He asked.

"Of course I will," She replied, waving her hand at him, "You just look after Mad-Eye, we'll be fine."

Mr. Weasley said a quick farewell to everyone in the kitchen before vanishing out of the house.

"What's Mad-Eye been up to?" Charlie questioned, biting into his jam toast and looking directly at his mum.

"He said someone tried to break into his house last night," Mrs. Weasley replied.

"Mad-Eye Moody?" George said, spreading some apricot jam on his toast, "Isn't he that nutter--"

"Your father thinks very highly of Mad-Eye Moody," Mrs. Weasley interrupted, her tone stern.

"Yeah, well, dad collects plugs, doesn't he?" Fred muttered under his breath as Mrs. Weasley walked out of the kitchen.

Hazel snorted at the statement.

"Moody was a great wizard in his time," Bill stated, finally joining the conversation after he'd finished his toast.

"He's an old friend of Dumbledore's, isn't he?" Hazel asked and Bill nodded his head, confirming her thoughts.

"Dumbledore's not what'd you call normal, though, is he?" Fred stated, "I mean, I know he's a genius and all but you know..."

"Who is Mad-Eye Moody?" Harry suddenly asked.

"He's retired, used to work at the Ministry," Charlie explained, "I met him once when dad took me into work with him. He was an Auror, one of the best actually."

Harry's face stayed as blank as before he asked.

"An Auror is a dark wizard-catcher," Hazel explained, looking directly at Harry as she felt George's stare on her.

Charlie nodded as he carried on, "Half the cells in Azkaban are filled because of him. He made himself loads of enemies, though. The families of people he caught mainly. And, I heard he's getting really paranoid in his old age, doesn't trust anyone anymore. Sees dark wizards everywhere."

The kids all went quiet once Mrs. Weasley returned to the kitchen, ushering all the kids to grab their bags and get into the muggle taxis she ordered. Charlie and Bill both decided that they'd go with them, see the kids off. Where as Percy, on the other hand, quickly apologised, explaining how he really needed to get back to work since Crouch was counting on him.

"You know what, Percy?" George said, his eyes twinkling mischievously as he looked at his older brother in his new suit, "I recon he'll know your name soon."