57. NERVOUS

| CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN |

NERVOUS.

"HOW ARE YOU FEELING, RON?" Hazel questioned as she and the twins joined the Golden Trio at the Gryffindor table, sporting their Quidditch uniforms.

Ron didn't answer, instead he stared deeply into milk that was floating in his full bowl, soggy cereal scattered around it. The twins shared an amused look at their brother's behaviour.

"He's just nervous," Harry explained, sipping his pumpkin juice.

"Well, that's a good sign," Hermione spoke up, clearly trying to make the ginger haired boy feel better, "I never feel you perform as well in exams if you're not a bit nervous."

"Hazel did extremely well and she wasn't nervous," Fred suddenly spoke up, an amused grin plastered on his face when he saw Ron's face becoming paler whilst Hermione sent him a dark glare.

"Hello," A dreamy voice suddenly said from behind them. 

Hazel glanced over her shoulder and spotted that Luna Lovegood had drifted from the Ravenclaw table over to them. Many of the students in the Great Hall were openly laughing and pointing at the blonde due to the extravagant hat placed firmly on her head; one shaped like a lion's head.

"I'm supporting Gryffindor," She stated, pointing up at her hat, "Look at what it does..." Luna said in an excited tone.

Hazel watched carefully as the blonde pulled her wand from her robes and pointed it at the lion hat. As soon as the wand tapped it, the lion's head suddenly opened wide and it gave the most realistic roar that made everyone close by jump in their seats.

"It's good, isn't it?" Luna asked, the widest grin painted on her face, "I wanted to have it chewing up a Serpent to represent Slytherin, you know, but there wasn't time. Anyway...Good luck, everyone!" She waved before skipping off back to the Ravenclaw table, the wide grin still firmly plastered on her face.

"She's insane," Ron muttered, his voice slightly hoarse.

Hazel shrugged, "I liked that hat," She admitted as she subconsciously moved closer to George; who almost instantly wrapped his arm around her.

"When you're ready..." Katie Bell suddenly appeared, Alicia close to her side, "...We're going straight down to the pitch, check out the conditions and what not."

"We'll be there in a bit," Harry reassured her, "Ron's just got to have some breakfast."

However, ten more minutes went by and Ron still hadn't touched his cereal and instead seemed pretty content in just staring at it. The group finally decided that it was best to get him down to the pitch and as they all stood up, Hermione quickly grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him closer to herself and the three seventh years, "Don't let Ron see what's on those Slytherin's badges," She whispered before dropping Harry's arm and moving closer to Ron, "Good luck, Ron," She said, gingerly placing a kiss on his cheek. A gesture Hazel smirked knowingly at.

Hermione ran off ahead of them as Hazel looked around the Great Hall. When her eyes spotted a group of about seven Slytherin boys, all of them laughing hysterically, she strained her eyes to look at the badges that were securely pinned to their clothes.

'Weasley is our King,' Is what they said. As soon as those words registered in her head, her dark eyes widened as she pushed past the twins and Harry. The three of them looked at her strangely as she grabbed Ron's arm and began to talk loudly with him whilst practically dragging him out of the Great Hall; doing everything she could to make sure he didn't see those badges.

She felt accomplished when they reached the Gryffindor Quidditch changing room and Ron was still completely oblivious to those badges. 

"Okay, so I've just found out the final line-up for Slytherin," Katie announced when she noticed that the whole team was now together. She held a piece of parchment in her hand, one that her eyes kept falling upon as she spoke, "Last year's Beaters Derrick and Bole have left, but it looks as though Montague's replaced them with the usual gorillas, rather than anyone who can actually fly well. They're two blokes called Crabbe and Goyle. I don't know much about them--"

"We do," Harry and Ron said simultaneously, bitter looks on their faces.

"Well, they don't look bright enough to tell one end of a broom from the other," Katie commented, folding up the parchment and shoving it deep into her pocket, "But then again, I was always surprised that Derrick and Bole managed to find their way onto the pitch without any signposts."

Hazel snorted at the comment as Harry nodded, "Crabbe and Goyle are in the same mould," He stated.

Suddenly hundreds of footsteps mounting the benches of the spectator's stands echoed throughout the changing room, signalling that the game was close to starting. Hazel glanced up with a confused look on her face, she could hear loud singing, however, it wasn't clear enough for her to make out the song.

"It's time," Katie announced as she glanced down at her wristwatch, "Come on everyone...Good luck."