8. LAST CHANCE

| CHAPTER EIGHT |

LAST CHANCE.

FRED AND HAZEL DID EVERYTHING they could to make George forget about that one Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson. Not wanting him to feel depressed by it, especially since it was just a Boggart and not reality. By October, the trio had another thing keeping them occupied; Quidditch.

The Gryffindor's Captain - Oliver Wood - was training them harder than he has ever done before, reminding them at every single practice that it was his last year and he needed to win at least one Quidditch Cup before he leaving the wizarding school.

"This is our last chance - my last chance - to win the Quidditch Cup," Oliver stated, walking from side to side whilst looking at his team. Hazel sat in between the twins, cladded in her Quidditch uniform as she mindlessly listened to their team captain.

 "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it. Gryffindor haven't won for seven years now. We've had the worst luck in the world, injuries and then the tournament getting called off last year," Oliver swallowed, as if the memory brought a lump to his throat, "But, we also know we've got the best bloody team in the whole school! We've got three superb Chasers," He pointed at Hazel Lupin, Alicia Spinnet and Katie Bell, "We've got two unbelievable beaters."

"Oh, stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us," Fred stated as both he and George pretended to be blushing due to Oliver's compliment. 

"And we've got a Seeker who has almost never failed to win us a match," Oliver continued, ignoring the twins, "And me," He added, as an afterthought. 

"We think you're very good too, Wood," George commented, an amused smile plastered on his face.

"Definitely!" Fred nodded eagerly, "Cracking Keeper."

"The point is," Oliver once again ignored the twins, causing Hazel to chuckle and sent the two gingers an amused grin, "The Quidditch Cup should have had our name on it these last two years. Ever since Harry joined the team, I've thought the Cup was in the bag. But we still haven't got it, and this year's the last chance we'll get to finally see our name on that thing..."

"This year is our year, Ollie," Hazel said, smiling sympathetically at the captain. She knew how much this win would mean to him and the look on his face made her feel quite sorry for the older boy.

George nodded, throwing his arm around Hazel's shoulder and smiling up at Oliver, "We'll do it, Oliver," He announced.

"Definitely," Fred added, but not before he sent a distinctive look towards his twin and the arm that was around Hazel's shoulder.

Filled with determination, the Gryffindor Quidditch team began their training sessions; four evenings a week. The weather got colder and the evenings were becoming darker, but no amount of mud, wind or rain could tarnish Oliver's wonderful vision of finally winning the Quidditch Cup as he trained his team to the best that he could.

Hazel returned back to the common room with the twins at either side of her. She was exhausted and not to mention, absolutely freezing. So when she felt the comforting warm of the fire in the common room, she couldn't help but let out a loud sigh of relief. Her hands warmed up quickly and she felt her whole body relaxing. She felt Fred nudge her side before he nodded his head at the notice board and without a word, the three fifteen year olds made their way towards it.

"First Hogsmeade weekend," Hazel read out loud, her eyes scanning the parchment that McGonagall wrote, "End of October, Halloween. Perfect, I love Halloween," The brunette commented, a wide smile appearing on her face. A smile that had a rippling effect on George as he smiled without even noticing.

"Excellent," Fred said, "I need to visit Zonko's. I'm nearly all out of my Hiccough Sweets. You'll be joining us won't you, Lupin?" He asked, his eyes landing on the shorter girl as he smirked.

Hazel nodded, "Of course. I'm off for a warm bath now, see you later Weasleys," She sent the twins one last smile before walking up the stairs leading to the girl's dormitories, letting out a loud yawn before disappearing out of the twin's sight.

As soon as Hazel was out of view, Fred turned back to look at George, "I saw that."

George raised an eyebrow, "Saw what?" He questioned, a genuinely confused look on his face.

"That little smile you did when Hazel smiled," Fred stated, his eyes twinkling with mischief. When George opened his mouth to protest Fred was quick to cut him off, "Don't lie to me, brother. You're not as sly as you think."

Letting out a sigh, George took a quick glance at the stairs that Hazel went up before he turned his attention back to Fred, "I think I'm in love with her."