Life awaits

Victoria stepped out of the cab. She was nervous and excited all rolled in one. Made sure to turn around and pay the cab driver. She looked up at the very tall building "Sparks Newspaper Company", the place Victoria wanted all her life to work for and was happening. Walked right inside the lobby where the receptionist looked up from the desk. "Hi I'm the new girl here" Victoria excited holding folders and pushing her glasses up to her face. the receptionist pointed towards the elevator and told Victoria the floor for newspaper, 30.

She pressed the up button and squeezed herself inside the crowded elevator onto floor 30. Reporters answering the phone and type the latest coverage. The fast paste environment was her favorite part of the job. She knocked on the boss, Penelope Hope, big screen doors.
She admired Penelope so much and wanted to be just like her someday. And couldn't believe the job came into her hands, even if its an assistant job.

Penelope slide the two doors open and greeted Victoria. She had whiskey in one hand and cigarette in the other.
Starbucks coffee everywhere on her coffee table next to two plush mini sofas and little bar.
"Victoria, glad to see your early, most of these people in here are sloppy, I just hope you can full fill the job. I need someone I can relay on and get things done." Penelope sitting in her desk chair with the bright eyed Victoria to excited to even move.

"You won't regret it, I assure you" Victoria shaking her bosses hand.

Penelope stood up "good then write this down.." Victoria took out a piece of paper to write " I am having monthly meeting with employees so we are going to need twelve Starbucks coffees all dark roast, box of 6 bagels, box of 6 muffins, and get the printed staff list "

Victoria defiantly had lots of errands to do for her first job and walked out the door as fast as she could move.
Then bam without even noticing crashed into another person.

"I am so sorry" he said as they got up.
Victoria looked up and saw the most handsome guy her eyes ever seen.
"No it was my fault, I crashed into you" Victoria picking up her purse from the tile floor.
Victoria could feel Penelope eyes poring from her office. "Your new right" He asked.
"Yes, I just started today... its Victoria Kent" She smiled at this stranger.
"Chris Calvin" said as he shook her hand. She looked at him one last time before the elevator doors closed shut.

Victoria ran across town to pick up the coffee and brunch for the meeting. Starbucks had a very long line. She didn't want to mess up the new job but the line barely moved. Starlight City bustled with people in a way that was like New York City. Victoria ordered the drinks and food and tried her best not to drop it.
Thank goodness the elevator was completely empty. Coffee spread out on the table with the two breakfast boxes in the center.
"Where is the fliers" Penelope asked for. Victoria smiled showing the stalk on the table. People came inside the room. Victoria noticed the guy in the room, Chris, who wore gray suit and blue tie, most likely reporter.
She took down notes when the meeting started. Penelope handed out her process for this month. New divisions for the Newspaper. Beauty. Business. Entertainment. and cover stories.
After the meeting, Victoria cleaned up the coffee area and threw the trash out. Her desk stood right outside Penelope high end office.
Penelope needed her to go to the warehouse downstairs and print 200 copies of the paper. Victoria headed there with excitement even with the crazy errands.Pressed the copier to start the machine. And waited for the paper to be printed. She waited 20-30 minutes for the copies onto the tray.
The whole way to the elevator became intense, barely able to move because the weight was unbearable and managed to put the tray in the delivery room. One copy for the boss of course.

And then it happened. Victoria slammed into Chris at full force. His coffee spilled all over his shirt.
"We have got to stop doing this" Chris said laughing at the situation. She wanted to dig a hole, crawl up in it, and die. She handed him several napkins and tried to get far away from him as possible. Victoria looked at the clock resting on the desk. It was 7 o'clock in the evening.

Penelope needed Victoria for another errand which included Starbucks, dry cleaning, update for the newspaper website, and data files for the year. No time to waste as the new employee.
Rushed to Starbucks with full orders of white caramel frappachino, mango refresher, cappachino, oat-milk frappe, hazelnut and butterscotch frappachino with ice and vanilla shot, and green Heath blend juice.
The bag helped the drinks from spills. Then she picked up Penelope dry cleaning at the Lily Dry-cleaners. The place very busy and managed to get back in time. The clock now at 8pm and people started to leave for home.

Chris waved at Victoria before leaving.
Besides her, Penelope stayed in the office alone. The website fully up and functioning for the public to view. She worked on the data files. Penelope had left. Victoria managed to finish the papers before 9 o'clock and walk home to the apartment.

The apartment started to feel like home once she got settled in about a week ago. From the cute royal blue couch to the white walled bathroom to the most comfortable bed. Victoria began to eat takeout on the couch when the news blasted that some plane about to crash right into central Starlight City. The plane already on fire. she had to save these people and felt it for the first time to actually do something. The takeout left alone.

She flew across the sky towards the airplane. The city coming closer in sight. There was no way the people on the plane would survive. She gripped the planes wind and turned the plane sideways up towards the open small lake. much safer than the city. Victoria used all strength to push the plane to land in the river. The people on the plane began to go on floatations. She quickly went away before anyone could see as the water police came to the rescue. After all the people got out, the plane began to sink in the water.
She couldn't believe she actually saved these random strangers from death, it felt like life was complete in that moment. She went back to the apartment and face timed with friends, Maya and Britney who lived in New York City. Hasn't talked to them in a while but thought what the heck.

Maya worked now at Palace Retail Store and working her way up to be manager someday. Maya loved the job and her and Britney shared an apartment in the city. Probably fights every single night. Britney still goes to photography school during morning hours in the week but works at The New Yorker as their photographer for the family section. It isn't much but a living. They were excited hear each other for the last time would be 5 months ago at the Class Reunion.

Victoria had just finished school back then. after the call she laid in bed that night thinking about the incredible rescue only a few hours ago. She started to think: Could this be part of my life? Saving people? Could I even have a life like this?

Victoria began to think.