Christmas Eve

Chris is going to be here in fifteen minutes and I still haven't cleaned up my apartment .

This year my parents are away for Christmas Eve so Victoria decided to invite Chris to her apartment for Christmas Eve dinner.

I thought it would be great distraction for him from finding out who had that stupid watch and still convince him I'm the same old Victoria.

Victoria set up his favorite christmas movie he's been talking for the past month and food across the table with candle light dinner.

She put on the cutest ugly sweater and green skinny jeans as perfect setting.

Door rang.

Chris walked right inside with bottle of white wine and all smiles.

"Merry Christmas" Chris said after he kissed Victorias cheek.

He's been distant for the past couple of weeks. Can't blame him though, it is my fault for lying to him.

"Merry Christmas" Victoria said "I thought we could later watch Its A Wonderful Life, your favorite movie" pointing it out to him.

He smiled back and sat at the table "you know me so well"

Both sat at the table full of food. Ham, corn, mashes potatoes, vegan Mac and cheese, corn bread, green bean dip, mini sandwiches, and chili cups.

"Something smells funny in here" He asked me and suddenly the smell came over me.

Oh shit the turkey!!!

"Oh crap the turkey" Victoria pulled out the smoking bird out of the oven.

I wanted to hang myself right now as I looked at the burnt tray.

I flanged it across the kitchen and landed into the trashcan. Gosh I'm so angry right now.

If its not one thing it's another deal.
"Don't ask don't care. If you mention turkey even once I swear I'm going to kill someone... I'm never going to cook again." Victoria sat back down and they both ate dinner quietly!

"I'm visiting my parents tomorrow, would you like to come" Chris asked, grabbed some more vegan Mac and cheese and looked at me with those brown eyes. If only I could .

Victoria looked back at him and said "unfortunately my parents invited me over for Christmas, its a whole thing. I'm sorry."

"It's fine maybe next year" he couldn't even look at me. Boy did I feel like crap, first I mess up dinner and now this. Lucks just not on my side today.

Chris sits on the couch with holding the remote and I get fresh popcorn.

Movie starts to play and I just can't seem to ignore the obvious , he is still mad at me for lying to him for past couple of months.

I take remote and pause the movie.
"What are you doing?" Chris confused.

I sit on couch and turn to him.

"I burned that stupid bird, I messed up your special plans, When are you going to stop hating me. all I get is cold shoulders and no talking. And what about our friendship is that gone too?? I don't want to lose you" Victoria yelled out before Chris pulled her in and suddenly kissed her.

Wow that was sudden!

"I'm not mad at you. You have secrets i get it . You will tell me when your ready. I love you, Victoria Kent." he said and we kissed again.

We put the movie back on and snuggled next to each other on the couch.

You could here christmas carolers in the background.

"I wish it would snow" I told Chris looking at the screen. his smile said everything . Though it never snows in Starlight City or at least that's what I've heard.

"Maybe it will come true" he said.

As the evening continues on Victoria rests her head on his should and watches the movie finish.

He's sound asleep and out if it.
Victoria picks up blanket and places it on him . No sense in waking him up.
He looks cute sleeping there.

She places a pillow there and places a kiss goodnight on his cheek.

Victoria slips into something comfortable and heads to bed.

At least for now he is still with me.
And look outside are icicles hanging down, maybe it will snow.