Glow

Getting to work on time seemed impossible in Starlight City to Victoria. The traffic hauled so many times in the past 10 minutes. The Starbucks coffee was going to get cold. Penelope would not like cold coffee sitting on her desk and handed out to employees. She couldn't wait much more in the taxi car and headed out on foot.But maybe she cheated just a little. She sped to work without anyone noticing.

The coffee laid out on the table and the cart for today's newspaper being put out at lunchtime. Chris smiled at her before taking a coffee from the table and the newspaper. It wasn't his story. He was a little mad and then just proceeded with work. If it were Victoria, she would be freakin pissed. Penelope began the meeting.

Suddenly, Victoria heard a woman calling out for help from a mile away.
Penelope phone buzzed. She looked at it and told everyone there is a fire about a mile from here. All reporters must be there. Victoria snuck out and ran into the stairway to the roof-door.

She took off her normal clothes to reveal the Superhero suit underneath.
The glasses replaced by the silk mask covering the identity and hair flowing in the wind next to the super cape !
Slammed the door open and took to the sky flying above the city. The fire covered the entire building. She could see the woman on the top floor with the child and smoke everywhere.
"Help" she called out loud.

Chris stood back as the firefighters tried to stop the fire but it kept going strong. The poor woman and child left on the top floor. Who was going to save them from the burning building?!

Then a fireman pointed out to the sky and said "who in the hell is that?"

And everyone looked above at her.
She flew up towards the woman who couldn't believe someone was saving here. "Hold on" She said as she lifted the woman and the child from the burning apartment and handed her to the police. Camera and people from the media surrounded her. She could see Chris Calvin freaked out a little.

Cheers sprang from the crowd thanking this superwoman .

But she still has a building on fire. so she blows cool air onto the building and suddenly the fires stop. The Police and firemen thank her. Everyone wants to know who she is? Victoria looks at Chris. He needs this one.

His microphone right there and the Sparks Newspaper camera right in front of her and she responds "I am Glow and I am here to protect your city"! She can tell Chris is happy but before any of them ask questions Glow disappears into the clouds above.

She quickly changes back into regular clothes and pushes the glasses up her face.
"I have just experienced the greatest story of the century" Chris talking to Her. she can absolutely believe this.

"Our city has a new superhero and I can't believe I was there to see her." Chris excited. She smiled for a while.
He looked at her expression and asked "why are you smiling"

"It's just I have never seen you this interested in a story" Victoria said as he sat at his desk and typing. Its so hilarious Chris doesn't know it's her.
She looked at him from the side of the desk. He looked back at her. It felt awkward so she looked away. Gosh why did always look so hot.

There would be nothing to do until Chris finish the paper for her to edit, so she decided to give Glow her time.
Across town there was a high speed chase after the bank had been robbed. Glow stood right in the street waiting for the truck. The bank robbers kept speeding up to where Glow stood. She used her powers and hands glowed in bright blue, the truck lifted from the ground. Bank Robbers moved to the back of the truck and opened the back.
They were giving themselves up to the police who pointed there guns at them. Glow slowly guided the truck down to the gravel. The people in the street cheered on Glow. She loved this part of the job.

Victoria sat back in the desk and noticed the pile of article paper.
Chris must have finished it while she is gone. She began to edit the article with the red pen page by page. It was interesting to read about herself well Glow the Superhero. Glow characterized as the new honest face of Starlight City. Superwoman with awesome powers. Lifting heavy things with her mind, Cooling breath, and super speed flight. Glow seemed to make everyone believe in something.

Victoria handed Penelope the finished newspaper. She impressed with Chris work and sent out onto the newsstands everywhere. He finally has something to reckon with.

She headed home late into the evening about 9pm with very large bag of takeout. But before she could eat dinner, she had to save a family from drowning in the river. Glows work never seems to end.