The Reporter and The Superhero

Victoria decided to clean her apartment up for the weekend because well she needed to get rid of unwanted stuff for months on end.
Chris would be gone all weekend, since he's camping with his friends so Victoria didn't have any plans.

There's just so much stuff to go through, boxes with stuff she barely uses.

For instance her old alarm clock, that thing drives anyone crazy at the level of how high the noise can be.

It must go.

Suddenly just as she was about to tape a box over, there's a knock on her door. Victoria opens the door and very much a surprise to her, its her parents.

"Mom? Dad? What are you doing here? I thought you were at the Fortress" She said to Clark and Lois.

"We wanted to make a surprise visit. Its been a while since we've seen you" Clark pushed his glasses up to his nose.

A visit ?really? I just made my apartment look like some tornado passed through town.

Victoria moved boxes from the couch and placed them in her bedroom.

But why were they here really? Its usually they want to talk about something interesting or rather something about her life.

Oh crap?! Do they know about Chris?

Not to say that's bad but they usually have tons of questions about the guy she likes. Victoria last relationship which was with Dick Grayson only lasted for a year in college, completely ruined by her parents.

Mostly Clark didn't like him. Let me reframe that he doesn't like any guy Victoria dates.

Dick Grayson moved away so eventually they broke up from being to far from each other.

"The fortress can be cold sometimes and crowded" Lois informed her daughter.

Clark smirked.

"Its great you two are here but why are you here" She asked them.

"We have just been so proud of you." Lois said. My ass. I know what they want me to say.

"I'm Glow okay. I've been fighting off the bad guys. Let me guess Kara told you guys " Victoria spoke clearly.

Clark and Lois looked partially confused and said" Kara hasn't told us anything about this but I guess we know now"

Crap should've shut my stupid mouth. At least they knew now and the conversation continued on.

Then suddenly the cappachino maker turned off right before the brew and smelt really good around the room.

"Have you made any friends at work?" Clark asked his daughter and took cup of steaming hot cappachino.

"I hope you focus on your job. Always remember if you work you can get to the top" Lois parades yet another one of her famous lines which annoys me.

Clark just looks at Lois, for her trying to make every aspect about work and no fun what so ever.

"Lois, seriously?! She already said she loves her job. Friendships and relationships are way more important, it makes the world go round, plus we have to trust her she can handle this double secret life from the world" Clark always knew the right words to say "so have you met anyone recently"

Victoria instantly felt she couldn't lie to them.

"I have met someone and he's my best friend. and I was going to tell both back a few months ago. His names Chris Calvin and we've been dating for about 2months now" Victoria wanted to die. Her parents just stared.

"Please don't make this weird. And he doesn't know about Glow which is fine. Maybe someday when I can trust him then I will tell him all about me" she continues on.

Clark just shook and possibly mad.

You can't really tell from his emotions.

Though Lois overjoyed.

"I can't wait to meet him someday" Clark not very happy about the new boyfriend.

I picked up coffee cups and placed on the counter. Lois and Clark stand up.

"Well we have to go" Lois hugged Victoria and handed over pack of notepads. She knew her daughter .

Clark hugged Victoria very tightly before they would leave.
The door slammed shut.

Victoria sat down to sort through the rest of the boxes.

She started to miss Chris .

At least they will see each other on Monday. Victoria hoped one day she could tell him about the secret just like Clark told Lois a long time ago, and all the time they would be together.

It's too bad he is camping .

Suddenly her phone rings and sure enough it's Chris on the phone.

"I just wanted to let you know I miss you here' Chris said.

"I miss you too" She answered.

And that's all I needed to hear.