The game

Victoria was invited by Chris to the biggest game of the year, the annual volleyball tournament played in June.

One of his friends might win 1st place.

She made sure to get dressed before he would pick her up.

Victoria wore blue skinny jeans and cropped palm tree T-shirt. The aqua tinted sunglasses was a great touch.

Then heard several knocks at the front door. Chris was on the other side and she picked up her purse headed out the door.

They arrived at the volleyball tournament just before the game started. His friend could possibly be an English man but she didn't want to be rude.

The other team looked hard care.

Victoria and Chris sat down in the bleachers. She only wished to watch the whole thing.

Just as the first serve, she could hear several people crying for help. Why is it she can never have a break?!

She told Chris she was going get some nachos at the food stand.

Victoria rushed off into the women's restroom and changed quickly before she blasted off into the sky.

Within ten minutes the situation had been handled and she now enjoyed the game. Chris friends team at the lead.

Everyone cheered, the last inning.

The two teams took time outs to prepare and get ready for the plays.
Chris friend, Joey, waved to them from the sand shores.

"Hey I'm really glad you came today." He said looking at her. "I'm glad were friends!"

"Me too." Victoria gave him a side hug.

The game continued on for another hour, Joey actually spiked the ball at the other team and it felt awesome to root for this guy, even though she didn't know him.

They stood at there feet cheering.

The score is tied.

1 minute left in the game.

Victoria loved they were near the beach though it wasn't like Miami or Malibu but still sand in between her feet.

Joey lined up with his teammates ready for the kill. The other team was going to lose. the team had wins all week long.

The teammates passed the volleyball to each other onto the other-side of the net. Chris held his excitement as the other team had the ball.

The team might win.

Ten seconds left on the clock.

And just as the volleyball passes over the net , Joey spikes it back to the other team and they miss the ball.

The Sharks win the championship !

Chris and Victoria celebrate.
Joey runs up and bear hugs Chris like an animal, his friend since high school. He still can't believe they won.

The whole team starts the party across town at Joey pad with a pool in the backyard and drinks.

"So are you two dating?" Joey asks drinking his beer with one glop.

"No, we are just friends" Chris makes clear to him but Joey keeps talking.

"It's a shame you two look good together. I know people. Plus she's hot" Referring to Victoria the friend.

But it wouldn't work though too many secrets and life changing events, it was great just being friends.

"That game was awesome" she tried to talk on another subject.

She eventually looked at her watch it was already 4pm in the afternoon and needed to meet with Maya and Brit.

"I actually have to go soon" she stood up and hugged Chris goodbye as she took a cab back to the apartment.

"Bye" Chris said.

Joey gave him a look.

"We are just friends" Chris reassured .

"If you haven't admitted already, then one day you will, You like this girl. I see the way she looks at you and you do it " Joey serious to his friend.
Chris just laughed.

Victoria made it to the apartment where her friends were waiting to talk.

She had so much to tell them!