A poched Turkey

Ever since Chris found that stupid watch he's been upset all day with it!

Carries watch around and gets every chance to open into it, the only person who can figure that out is me.

And now he's mad because I lied to him.

What a worse time because its Thanksgiving. should I be thankful he hasn't found out about the secret.

I just can't wait to be with my family this weekend. Chris won't be there for many reasons and I could give a list for a mile long but I have two certain thoughts that come across.

Chris doesn't trust me right now, so it wouldn't be a good idea to introduce him to the Kent Family.

And two, my family doesn't know I'm dating him which would complicate and make many problems.

Victoria gets into her rental car and drives out towards Metropolis.
In the backseat it's like fall galore.
She managed to actually make pumpkin pie from scratch and bring fall leaf decorations.

Metropolis always looked better in the fall, with the yellow and orange leaves.

Starlight City trees look bare .

Victoria drives right into her parents driveway and unloads the trunk.

Suddenly she hears voices.
Lois and Clark run outside excited to see her.

"You made pumpkin pie?" Lois looked at the back open trunk.

Clark hugged his daughter and pulled the luggage towards the front door.

"There's my badass granddaughter" Martha Kent said before she gave her one of those bear hugs.

"I'm not a badass, grandma. I just try to help people when I can" Victoria sAid. Martha Kent ignored that.

"I've seen you on the news. Saving people from burning buildings? Come on." Martha laughed out.

Victoria smiled as soon as she saw her old friend on the couch, Nora Allen.

"Hey Nora what are you doing here?" Victoria hugged her friend.

"Your Grandmother invited me" Nora said and both sat on the couch.

Grandma and Lois were of course arguing in the kitchen.
Ah to be home again.

My dad managed to cool them off.

I walked upstairs to my old room. I still can't believe its the same. All my shoes are still in its place and there's a picture of my dog Roxie. She died just before I left for college and soon moms dog died soon after.

"Dinner is ready" Clark said.

Victoria and the rest of the family are there sitting at the table.

Aunt Lucy , grandmas only sister.
Lilly , Lucy's daughter.
Mrs. Lane is there also.

And Oliver my favorite cousin.
He's my favorite because once we crashed into a party and managed to get me out of trouble somehow.

"Hey you little devil" Oliver joked and sat across from the table.

We said grace and dove right into the food. your mouth watered and wanted more.

Turkey, Ham, Corn on the cob, Rice, beans, salad, vegetables, gravy, mashed potatoes, cheese bread Lois and Martha's main competition dish, and the list goes on.....

"So Ive heard that you're the new editor of Sparks Newspaper Company" Grandma inquires to Victoria.

She's right somewhat.
"Yes but I only got my name in the paper once. I mostly edit but my boss gets the credit, one day I hope to be a real reporter" Victoria stated.

Clark tapped on his daughters hand and said "It will" . She believed his words and Lois proceeded to shove more of her famous cheese bread into Victorias place from across the table.

There was no way my jeans would fit after this meal.

"Actually my friend Chris is the reporter" Victoria said.

Grandma had a smile on her face. I hope dad doesn't get the message.

"Oh crap you have a boyfriend" Martha blurted out and ran across to hug her granddaughter .

Dad looked mad and looked straight at my face! Oh shit!!! oh crap!! oh hell!!!

What do I do?

"Who is he???" Clark asked and gave his disappointment face. Probably googling his name right now.

I had to think of something.

"Does anyone want some more turkey slices" Nora tried to change the conversation which was clearly going to on fire.

"We work together. We're just friends" I lied to them.

Thank goodness everyone stopped.

But Nora gave Victoria a look she knew she's lying.

I decided to take a nap after dinner.

All that food seemed to make me want to sleep for the entire weekend.

Though the next morning I decided to tell my mother the truth.

She gave me the look. Lois Lane always figures something out.

Mom already up in the morning, no surprise, and drinking.

"Hey mom there's something I need to tell you" Victoria stated before sitting down to drink coffee.

"Your dating Chris" Lois flat out said.

Wait how did she know.

"How did you know?" Victoria asked.

"Lets just say I have a six sense. The Lois Lane daily reporter intuition!" she said with sarcasm.

"We cannot tell dad okay!" Victoria said and could tell that was no brainer.

"No kidding. If he found out Clark would kill the guy or worse. " Lois shuttered and stopped talking once Clark entered the room.

She's right Victorias dad would beat Chris ass and beat the shit out of him.

And it is always another mental game with her past boyfriends.

Grandma entered the room and gave everyone their tickets. Today the whole bunch is going ice skating .

"This is going to be so fun" Nora said walking towards the front door.

Lets just hope this weekend stays where it is. Just fun.

At least Lois kept the secret.