The Assignment

Penelope motioned for Victoria to come inside the office. She carried boxes of catering meals into the office and sat across from her boss. Boss handed her list full of errands to run.

From making newspaper copies to setting up meetings with Penelope's investors to possibly having to bake cookies for the Pop Sensation Rose if she is able to get an interview with Starlight Newspaper.

Chris interrupted the meeting. He tried to get chances to talk to Rose but her people made it hard to get an interview.

His job is on the line here.
Their boss looked towards Victoria and said "Don't you have connections? Your family used to interview her.... look if you and Chris can convince Rose to come here, then I may consider looking into more reporter jobs" looking at Victoria with serious eyes.

"Do it" She tells them both before telling Victoria " I still that stuff"

This was the dream she always wanted. The opportunity getting ever closer to become a real reporter. But no time for daydreaming here and they walked into the elevator.

It was so awkward and quiet in there.
"Look Victoria this better work or we are both screwed" Chris reminded her.

And you want to know something, she didn't have any sort of real connection with the pop star. While Chris tried to hail a cab, Victoria called the only person she could think of, her mother.

Lois mentioned her and Clark had interviewed her a couple of times and she gave the number of Rose agent and to tell him who she was.

Victoria hoped the call would be answered otherwise they both are screwed and Chris will defiantly hate her. She managed to get the taxi before he did.

Sometimes she can be interesting and totally surprise him.
She called the number and waited before Rose agent answered the cell. She quickly mention Lois lane knew Rose and that she needed some favor.
The agent paused and said he could meet with them right now.

Sounds like the problem might be solved. "I can't believe you did that" Chris happy and surprised by her.

There was so many questions about her!

The taxi had arrived at Rose music office. They walked inside the building and met up with her agent.

The agent seemed nice enough to set up a meeting this afternoon, Rose always had to have an update before hand.

Hopefully she will take the interview otherwise both lose their jobs. Chris thanked the agent for his time .

Victoria looked at the clock, already 1pm pass right through lunch and now she needed to get Penelope's list done.

She walked away before Chris noticed because there was no time to talk, for the first she needed to make it to the cookie shop. For Roses possible interview in the upcoming days.

Picked up the phone and made calls to all of her investors which resulted to a meeting in her office today. She always had her mothers reporter intuition when it came to setting up things. She texted her boss the news and picked up the cookies, heading back to work.

The entire office bustled as everyone scrambled to finish today's papers story on the New opening of the Natural History Museum downtown.

Gosh she hoped there wasn't large piles of paper but then she looked over. Where is her desk?! oh great.

How in the world is she going to finish all this? The meeting is at 5 and this will take several hours, its already 1:30. She slumps in her chair and begins to go through every paper.
One after the other.

Then Victoria feels someone tap on her should and looks up to see Chris grabbing some of the articles from her desk in which he says "Look I am here to help, we both need to be at that meeting ...so lets do it" ! He is right and she smiled .

Victoria typed up on the computer and Chris edited beforehand, they were a great team. With one last sentence to write she pressed send and sent it to the printer.

He told Victoria the meeting would be starting soon, about 15 minutes from now. They both rushed out of the elevator and down the streets of Starlight City. There was no way they were going to miss the meeting. They made it just in time to meet in her office.

Victoria hoped Rose would be understanding and hopefully be interviewed by Penelope their boss.

" Sparks newspaper would love to have you for an interview and be on the front cover of the newspaper, if you have time of course" Chris inclined to Rose holding some fashion magazine.

Victoria could tell she wasn't so sure.
"Who are you? I haven't seen you before " Rose obviously asked Victoria" but yet you look familiar"

"I'm Victoria Kent, you probably know my family " Victoria said before Rose finally smiled for the first time. Chris didn't say much.

"Well ok I will do it tomorrow just tell the newspaper, that they serve cocktails otherwise don't even try" Rose reminded them after the meeting.

Victoria made sure to get the special cocktail. Chris wouldn't stop staring at her and wonder how on the world she actually pulled it off.

She picked up work after the lights went out in the office. they made sure to clean up work space and head out. Chris headed out one way and Victoria headed the latter.

The next day, Victoria waited outside the office and sat at her desk. Chris in there with Penelope and Rose. The suspense could be cut through with knives. The paper had been waited on for an hour.

Rose smiled that must have been a good sign, and could hear laughs. Chris acted cool and calm.

She could try to hear the conversation with the powers but it wouldn't be the same, so she decided to head to lunch because it is already 2 pm and about to eat a horse.

She decided to go with salad bowls. Then she got a message from her boss, Victoria headed back to work and yet hungry for the salad she still hasn't eaten. Penelope became thrilled at what Victoria and Chris had done.

"You two get to write the article. Well you get to be editor" she pointed to her. Even if it is only editor it's something.

Victoria edited the paper after Chris wrote on the pages,Rose must have had one of her good days and it helps that Lois Lane knows her.

Chris puts his hand on Victoria shoulder and says "Thanks for everything" and walks away.

She almost blushed right in front of him, The awkward exchange between them, made her realize something. She started to think she may like him?