The Long Weekend

Everyone waited for The Boss in her office which meant she is late and that usually never happens, unless the world exploded or she had something cooking up for the reporters.

Which meant a bad thing?!

The reporters she would choose had to work all weekend long on a story to compete with the other newspaper companies.

No wanted the job.
Everyone turned as soon as she came in the door with all smiles.

Great who would be the unfortunate pair of reporters to stay in all weekend to do work. Victoria was glad to be out of it since she's only the assistant.

She felt bad for Chris though, a rookie reporter and possibly the first choice.

"Looks like we are here again. The quarter scoop which means we need the biggest story out there and I have the greatest one yet as the assignment....but this time around I've decided to go in a different direction" She stated with seriousness.

What did she mean?
Different direction?

"Chris Calvin and Victoria Kent will do the story this quarter about the Murder Case of Julia Watson" She said before Victoria stopped in her tracks.

Wait she was an assistant.
But when the boss makes the decision you cannot back down from it. Chris looked like he wanted to kill himself.

Shortly after they sat down the carts came in with stakes of binders full of notes about the case. Yep this was going to take all weekend long.

Victoria read the file about this woman's story of how she died. Stabbing and found dead in her living room. Police believe its her husband who killed her. But there are so many gaps in the story.

Chris wondered why the police never checked for specific DNA at the crime scenes and the husband was seen at work at the time of the murder. Something just seemed to not fit the picture.

Boy the time had passed as they went through the files up till 10 o'clock. His hair looked like Shawn Mendes after stressing so much and both so tired at this point.

"We can talk about this tomorrow if you want" Chris suggested.

Victoria agreed and decided to meet up.

The next day!

Victoria had scattered paper everywhere and piled around the living room floor. Still convinced the husband didn't kill his wife. Chris would be here any minute to discuss what to write .

it didn't help she stayed up till 2am to try to get all the information into her head, which was about to explode. Boy, did she need Coffee right now?!

The doorbell rang and she answered the door. Chris had to be her savior because he held Starbucks coffee walking inside her apartment.

"You know me well" Victoria took the coffee from his hand and sat down on the couch. They began to organize the facts into different piles.

"The case has so much information my head is about to explode" Chris said sitting on the couch with another binder both would have to read.

And to top that all off, the final court hearing is today.

Chris picked up another binder to go through and highlighted what might be important. Victoria sipped the coffee and checked every possible fact.

He could tell she was tired.
"We need a break. I will go get us some lunch" Chris stood up and put down the folder.

Victoria agrees and wipes her eyes through the glasses lens. He closed the door behind him.

She could hear the city calling out for their superhero. No time to rest now.

Victoria quickly changed into her Superhero suit and headed to the roof.
Starlight city needed Glow once again.
Chris walked up the steps to the apartment with lunch and rang her doorbell.

He waits and waits until she opens the door to the smell of burnt toast. Lets just say Glow saved some kittens from a burning building.

Victoria and Chris hang out and eat on the couch. It remained awkward just like the festival but it didn't take long to make a conversation.

"I talked to Her the other day" Chris making it obvious about Glow.

Victoria acted as if she had never heard this before. "You seem to really like her" Victoria said eating a pizza thin crust end.

"Every time I see her I get nervous... I want to get to know her but that's never going to happen" he says.

Wait so he actually was trying to ask Her out?! this isn't good.

He's falling for Glow the superhero and Friends with her. What makes it worse Victoria has feelings for Chris???

They both began working on the piles of infinite files and finally finished sorting them. Rushed to the courthouse just before the hearing.

But then she had to disappear into the elevator and fight off the Moth in Spain.

She hoped He wouldn't notice her absence and take notes during the analysis. She just hoped to be there in time to hear the conviction.

Victoria headed inside the courtroom sitting next to Chris who thankfully saved her seat.

The husband in chains stood up before the jury and waited for the moment for the Judge to speak.
The judge said not guilty.

Chris and Victoria couldn't be happier about this. There evidence proved the husband didn't kill the wife but someone else did.

Some guy who was obsessed with her even though married. All the excitement and suddenly they both hugged.

That actually happened.
Victoria pulled away before she could look him in the eyes.

Nothing happened and they headed back to her apartment to write the article at the late hours of the night.

Chris started writing the paper and she types page by page from her computer.

Then Victoria looks at Chris from the computer screen, he fell asleep against her holding a pencil and half written page.

She didn't want to wake him up. She placed him on a pillow and put a blanket.

He looked so adorable sleeping.

Keep it together Victoria laughed at her own thoughts and fell asleep in her room.

The next morning she started coffee.
Once he woke up and realized actually falling asleep, he felt really bad. Didn't seem to be a big problem and she handed him hot coffee.

"Sorry about falling asleep. " he mentioned the obvious.
They both worked hard on the paper. He finished sending the last pages of the newspaper to work.

Victoria felt it might be the right time to give him advice even if there wasn't anything going on between them.

Possible friendship might be forming which is nice because who doesn't love that! so she said what was on her mind.

"I think you should tell her when you get the chance how you feel about her" Victoria splurted out "you never know what might happen"

It's to bad Glow is a Superhero, life sometimes makes you have to choose the hard ones which means she is going to let Chris down and that's something she didn't want to do.

Chris headed out the door smiling.
Victoria wanted so badly to run to the door and tell him everything but it isn't just that easy.