Its getting hot in here

Summer heat in Starlight city was starting to take a tool on everyone, especially those in the offices areas.

The air conditioning wasn't working well in the mailroom, only sense of cool air was the portable fans sitting on each desk.

If you didn't wear short sleeves you were pretty much screwed and sweating like crazy from head to toe.

Their boss didn't have that problem. She had air conditioning in her office.

Victoria hoped for a split second her boss would call her inside, the cool air drew to her and for a second relief.

She took off her jacket as sweat dripped down her skin. The sad part really about being only half super.
She can stop a bullet but can't stop sweat.

She pulled and organized the files from the back room. Penelope needed someone to alphabetize the past papers. Victoria volunteered since everyone else had other work to do.

The poor fan ran for an hour and then it stopped. This cannot be happening.
She started to feel the scorching heat.

"Oh crap!" she said switching the fan off and on to try to save it.

It was like a toaster in the room and everything felt like lava.

"Here" Chris handed his fan to her.

"What about you?" she wondered with him sweating.

He sat back at his desk" i'll be fine"

She tried to focus on work but he kind of distracted her. Victoria looked at him while taking his suit off and placed into the chair.

The heat was getting to her as she looked at his very hot body through the tight shirt and it had to be white.

She looked away as soon as he noticed.

Then before she could try to finish her work, she hears a jewelry store being robbed and shooting at the sight.

It took longer to take off her regular clothes before Glow could arrive.

At the scene a fight broke out. She needs a break. Her suit soaked in sweat and prisoners asking for water.

She got back to the office about to pass out. Didn't even care about the look Chris always gives her when she goes missing.

Victoria looks up from her desk. Didn't he have a button shirt on. now he had only an undershirt.

She noticed other people with less clothes on them. Even Penelope their boss dressed different wearing tank top and skinny jeans.

What a weird day we are having. Severe heat seemed to be the weather channels weekly update.

His fan started to die off and soon it died too. The papers were finally organized and she went for iced lemonade.

The line across the street lasted about an hours wait. Oh how Victoria wanted that lemonade. The heat continued and the line gotten longer.

The person in front of her took the lemonade and then the vendor put up a sign "sold out of lemonade"!!!

Victoria became boiling mad as the guy offered to sell some shaved. At least it was something cool. Though the ice melted at her desk.

She rubbed the cool drink across her face and saw the most disgusting thing. Two reporters were kissing.

"What the heck is going on???" Victoria wanting to throw up, asked Chris.

"When it gets hot like this, sometimes people do crazy things. Last year the entire 3rd floor had a pool party indoors. Some people don't remember things they did just like those two will" He said jokingly.

She couldn't grasp the entire city had gone crazy but it already did.

Penelope air conditioning soon stopped working which meant immediate vacation for herself.

Though she made sure everyone else still worked during the long week.

When work was finally finished with, she blasted her air conditioning in the apartment. Fresh cool air never had felt so good.

The next day seemed even more hot. Sweat dripped off her clothes and the only relief was a Popsicle which melts.

Though she didn't mind looking at Chris this morning. White t shirt.

Everyone else had surrounded his table for shots competition. Basically everyone is on edge.

"Hey Victoria come join us" he said.

Work had to come first and they were acting ridiculous though that alcohol might be cool.

The lemonade stand still sold out.

What the heck?
The heat was getting to her.

Victoria coughed one down while the others laughed. The drink defiantly strong and hard to sink your mouth into. But she can't get completely drunk since she's Glow and for a second she can hear crime. Wait that's her own thoughts.

Chris pretty much drunk lays back and admits to everyone he is in love with Glow . They just laugh as everyone takes another shot of strong whiskey!

Victoria warms up to the drink and wants more. The heat covers the mind and sinks right back into the drink.

After she wakes up from drunken state looking around for her shoes. Where is her shoe and how in the world did she face paint herself?!

Chris wakes up in a pile of trash and notices the kiddy pool in the middle of the room. Most reporters are out of it against the couch.

Victoria puts her lost shoe back on.
Penelope office door had red wet paint on it.
She stood there looking at the sigh.
Chris looked at it too.

The red letters read "She likes Chris".

Victoria knows who wrote it. He will never know.

"What do you make of it?" he asks Victoria.

"Probably nothing ...well lets clean this place up before our boss gets back" Victoria can't look at him as she throws the alcohol into the trash bin.

That was too close.

After today, she decided no more whiskey and focusing more on work.