Chapter 7 - Exultia

Me and Ahsoka jumped through the portal and landed on a destroyed bridge in Exultia. It was once the main way into this city, until the demons came and destroyed it all.

"Oh my, what happened here?" Ahsoka asked as she looked around at the ruin of a city.

"The demons." I replied while trying my best to stay calm.

"Oh, sorry for mentioning." Ahsoka said as she hung her head.

"No need to be sorry, just, don't calm me down until we get back. When rage controls me, I kill everything which tries to stop me, and I'm afraid that I might hurt you if you try to get in my way."

"Ok. I won't calm you down when you look like you want to smash something's head in."

"When I want to smash something's head in, I will smash something's head in."

"Oh." Ahsoka said. "Anyway, let's get going!" Said with enthusiasm, which was already a change of pace since we'd arrived.

"Ok. We gotta get over there." I said as I pointed to the other end of the destroyed bridge.

"Easy." Ahsoka said as she leapt to one of the partially destroyed pillars in the middle before leaping to the other side. "See? Easy."

I sighed and attempted to do the same. I didn't quite get the height on my jump however and had to dig my hands into the wall to climb up it. When I got to the top, I saw Ahsoka looking slightly concerned, but then relaxed after she realised it was me. From the middle, I leapt again to the other side of the bridge, where we continued on.

We walked through the desolate streets of Exultia, me trying to ignore my past but Ahsoka seemingly in awe at the type of architecture.

"This place looks amazing!" Ahsoka said with excitement.

I didn't want to ruin her fun or get angry at myself so I just tried to keep quiet.

"Look, this all looks so cool!" She said as she tugged my arm.

"I know!" I shouted back, startling Ahsoka. "Please, just, don't remind me."

Ahsoka walked over and hugged me. "I'm sorry. I won't remind you again."

I smiled through my helmet. "Thank you."

We continued our way on through the city. Eventually though, we came to a big metal gate.

"Ooh, this looks important." Ahsoka said as she began to feel the door.

"Beyond this door lie quite a few demons." I said.

"How'd you know?" She asked.

"Vega has scanned the entire area. He knows where we need to go and has labelled areas which have above a certain number of demons."

"Oh. That's useful." Ahsoka said. "How'd we get this door open?"

"Easy." I said as I walked up to it and put my hand on it. Due to my suit being of Sentinel design, the door began to open. Almost immediately, a hell knight charged right at us. Ahsoka drew her lightsabers as I ran straight at the hell knight. He jumped in the air but was met mid way by a lead shotgun round to the face. He ignored me and took a few swings at Ahsoka, but Ahsoka being the gymnastic god which she is, dodged all of it. Once the hell knight had given up with attacking her and turned his attention back to me, Ahsoka lunged at him and cut one of his arms of with her lightsabers. He turned back around to face Ahsoka just as my blade went straight through his head. He fell forward as I retracted my now blood covered blade from his head.

"Whoo, he's a bigun." Ahsoka jokingly said.

"There's still more." I said as I turned to face the other demons in the arena. Most were just small ones, but there was a Cacodemon and an arachnotron around the place as well. "You take out the smaller ones and I'll take the big ones." I said as I prepared my weapons once again.