Chapter 36 - Unexpected Departure

After me and Ahsoka finished making out, we sat down next to each other on the mattress of our bed.

"So." Ahsoka said as she exhaled. "What now?"

"I don't know." I replied. We looked at each other for a second before my comm link on my suit went off. "Let's see what that is first." I said as I walked over to my suit and picked out my right gauntlet with my comm link embedded into it.

I clicked the answer button and Hunter appeared.

"Oh, hello Hunter." I said.

"Hello, sir, Tech has some, concerning news to report." Hunter replied.

"Go ahead, put him on." I said. Hunter nodded and signalled for Tech to come over, and he did. "What's the news Tech?" I asked.

"Uh, not good news. I've been monitoring the ARC facility where Dr Samuel Hayden is located and I've just received news that Dr Hayden has fallen and that he ARC is no more." Tech said unreasuringly.

"What? The ARC has fallen?" I asked, starting to get concerned myself.

"I'm afraid so. Their estimates show that it will be only a few hours until the entire base has been overrun by the demons which have significantly increased their offensive efforts."

"Shit." I said as I looked at the floor. "Contact general Skywalker and Master Kenobi and tell them to meet down at the Barracks. I'm on my way."

"Understood." Tech said before hanging up.

I turned to Ahsoka. I looked down at the floor and sighed. "Shit." I said.

"(Y/n)." Ahsoka said as she put her hand on my shoulder. "I'll be fine. I'm in the Jedi temple with loads of Jedi and medics around to protect me if necessary." Ahsoka said as she hugged me.

"Yeah, but we saw how much the demons did to the Jedi." I replied.

"It'll be fine. The demons won't have another assault on the temple this early." Ahsoka said, trying to reassure me.

"But, it just still isn't that safe for you. I mean, I have such a big argent signature that the dark lords can see exactly where I am when I'm in this dimension, and if they know that I'm gone, they will come for you."

"But why would they come for me?" Ahsoka asked.

I sighed and clenched my fists. If I could just tell Ahsoka why then this would all be over with and she'd know, but I can't tell her.

"(Y/n)?" Ahsoka asked.

"Sorry. The demons know what I'll do to save you so they can and will try to use you as, leverage. If they can capture you, they can control me, threaten to kill you if I don't obey them, and they will kill you if I disobey. That's why I don't want to leave you."

Ahsoka sighed and hugged me tighter. "I'll be fine. I'll keep my comm link tracker on at all times and wear it wherever I go. You shouldn't be gone long, right?"

"Only a few hours or so." I replied.

"So yeah, I'll be fine." Ahsoka said with a smile as she kissed me.

"Yeah, I suppose so. If you do need help though, call me because I can come back at anytime. I've got Tech on a tracker so I can jump back to him whenever. You got Rex as well if necessary"

"Yeah. Want me to come down to the barracks with you to say goodbye?" Ahsoka asked.

"Only if you feel like you have the energy to do so." I replied as I fussed Ahsoka's head. She hung her head back slightly and rolled her eyes.