Chapter 64 - Resurrection

I woke up with Ahsoka still in my arms. I was holding her tightly and when I said arms, I meant one arm over the top of her holding her body as close to mine as I could while she held my other hand against her heart.

I could feel Ahsoka's heartbeat, every single one, and it felt, so good. This small movement which I felt was keeping my Ahsoka alive, and the sound of her breaths made it even better. Listening to my Ahsoka just live was making me happy, because no matter how hard I try, we are still in a war and any day could be her last, which greatly saddened me.

I pulled Ahsoka's body closer to mine and went to move the hand which she was holding to her back to hold her tighter but she whined as I moved it and pulled my hand closer to her chest. I kissed her on the forehead before pulling her body in so that my hand was touching both of our chests.

We stayed like this for a long time with our hearts connected by our hands, and we both loved it. I knew that I was making my Ahsoka feel better and more safe which in turn made me happier than I could ever be.

We stayed like that for a while longer before I heard a knock at our door.

"Who is it?" I shouted as I lifted my head up from the bed.

"It's Anakin." The person shouted back.

I looked down at Ahsoka who proceeded to pull her body up towards me.

"Ahsoka, do you want him to come in?" I asked as I fussed her cheek.

She nodded at me as she curled up into a ball around my hand.

"Come in." I shouted to Anakin.

The door opened and shut before the sound of muffled footsteps approached us. Anakin appeared infront of us and walked over to the bed.

"Is, is she ok?" He asked.

"She's been hit really hard by this, and for a reason which is understandable." I said as I picked Ahsoka up and placed her head into my lap as she still held my hand.

"Does she mind if I ask why?" Anakin asked.

I looked down at Ahsoka as she opened her eyes.

"Tell him." Ahsoka whispered.

I nodded before looking up to Anakin.

"It's, how do I put this. Zatt died because of what somebody wanted to do to Ahsoka." I said.

"What? Why?" Anakin asked.

"Petro was hired by Cad Bane to injure Ahsoka so that both me and her would be unable to stop his holocron heist, but Ahsoka didn't die, and Zatt did." I said.

"But that's hardly Ahsoka's fault." Anakin said.

"But she didn't need to go to the training ground then. She could've gone back to her room or meditated or anything else, but she wanted to see me and the younglings which we were like parents to, which sadly, resulted in one of them passing." I said.

Ahsoka clutched my hand even tighter and began to pull my arm into her grasp, not just my hand.

"I see." Anakin said.

He just stood there for a second. I was just thinking about Zatt and where he could be now. He was a Jedi so he would become one with the force. Or would he? He wasn't even a Padawan yet, just a youngling. If his soul was taken from his body and taken to Hell, I could go retrieve it.

"Anakin, I need to ask Master Yoda something." I said as I stood up and let go of Ahsoka. Ahsoka whined painfully as I did so and curled up into a ball.