Chapter 10 - Past

I woke up to the sound of beeping. I sat up and looked around to see what was happening and saw my comm link going off. I groaned as I forced myself out of bed to go answer it. As I picked up, Obi Wan appeared Infront of me.

"Hello (y/n)." Obi said to me.

"Hello Master." I replied unenthusiastically. "What is it?"

"If you feel up to it, I would like to talk to you." He said calmly. "Ahsoka can be present if you wish."

I thought about it for a second. I would have to talk about my past eventually, it wouldn't get any easier to do it either.

"Ok. I'll be there shortly, only if Ahsoka can be there." I replied. Obi Wan smiled at me before hanging up.

I put my comm link away and put my suit on since it had become my equivalent of the Jedi robes. I didn't feel hungry mainly because I never feel hungry so I didn't bother going to the cafeteria to get anything, I just went straight to the training ground where Obi Wan was.

On my way to the training ground, I walked past several Jedi, all of whom decided to not say anything to me, probably for the better of both of us.

Upon entering the training ground, I saw Anakin and Ahsoka training together with Obi Wan sat down on the side watching them. Obi Wan noticed me and stood up.

"Hello (y/n). Glad you could join us." He said as he walked over to me. Anakin and Ahsoka stopped training and both turned to face me.

"Hello (y/n)." Ahsoka said with a smile as she walked up to me. "I'm still sorry about yesterday." She said as she looked down at the floor in embarrassment.

"It's my fault." I said to her.

"Why? What happened yesterday?" Anakin said starting to sound confused.

"It's a long story." Ahsoka said as she turned to face him.

"Then let's all take a seat and discuss it." Obi Wan said as he pointed to the benches on the side of the training ground.

We all walked over to the benches. Anakin and Obi Wan sat opposite me and Ahsoka, who was still almost glued to me but trying to make it seem like she wasn't.

"So." Anakin said, breaking the silence. "What happened yesterday?"

"As you know, me and (y/n) went to a city which (y/n) knows to do a mission. There I was, looking around at the place. I forgot that (y/n) didn't like being reminded of, it, and I started talking about how I thought it all looked so cool. (Y/n) couldn't take much before he snapped at me. Nothing much, but it, it mustn't have been nice for him to have to do it." Ahsoka said as she looked at me and hugged my arm.

"Is that all?" Anakin asked.

"Not quite." Ahsoka said as she let go of my arm. "(Y/n) then said he had to go back, there, and I convinced him to let me join him. Once we were there, nothing much happened until we got to a big metal gate. (Y/n) opened it up and from it we could see a huge city of some type in the distance. I then began asking (y/n) questions about it completely ignoring what he asked me not to do. The place obviously meant a lot to (y/n) and he could only take so much of it before he snapped again." Ahsoka stopped after saying that.

"Oh. That's not nice." Obi Wan said.

"But it doesn't end there." Ahsoka said as she turned to me. "Can I tell them?"

"Go ahead. They need to know." I replied.

Ahsoka sighed and grabbed my arm. "I didn't realise how much I was hurting (y/n) until he grabbed me by the neck." Ahsoka whispered. Anakin immediately stood up and walked over to me.

"What did you do!?" He demanded.

"Master, let me finish, please." Ahsoka begged. Anakin reluctantly agreed and sat back down. "He looked me in the eyes for a second and dropped me on the floor. Once he'd regained his composure, he told me what had happened, said he didn't trust himself and told me to come back here. I tried to convince him to allow me to stay but he begged me to leave, so I did."

"Why did you do that?" Anakin demanded as he stood back up again.

"Do you really want to know?" I said as I stood up myself.

"Yes I do. I want to know just how much that place meant to you to justify doing such a thing to Ahsoka."

Obi Wan also stood up and walked in-between us.

"Calm down now everyone, there's no need to get angry." Obi said as he looked at me. He realised what he'd just said and looked down with a bit of regret. "There's no need to, take it out on each other." He said as he looked back between us. Me and Anakin looked back at each other before we both sat back down. "Now, (y/n), please explain what this city was."

"Nekravol." I growled. I immediately began to get angry just thinking about the place. "Ahsoka, let me get angry otherwise I won't get it all out." I demanded as I stood up.

"O-ok." She muttered.

"Don't annoy me." I said as I turned at Anakin. He scoffed at me but Obi hit him in the arm to tell him to stop. "Nekravol, the city of the damned. I hate that place, more than you think possible. It's where the souls of all dead creatures go. From there, those which are fit to become argent energy are taken away, while the rest are discarded to the blood swamps for eternity."

"That's horrible." Ahsoka said.

"It gets worse, much worse. Those which are selected to become argent energy are taking away to the soul extraction chamber where they are torture, burnt, beaten and abused for millennia until the soul has lost all hope. Only then will the soul be ripped from the corpse and turned into argent energy, while the husk of the corpse will rot and decay until it becomes one of the demons which we fight today."

"O-oh my god, tha-" Ahsoka tried to say but I cut her off.

"I haven't finished yet." I butted in.

"Oh, sorry (y/n)." Ahsoka said.

"This is where I'm going to get angry." I said as I clenched my fists. "Don't make me take it out on any of you. If you annoy me, I won't be able to control myself and you won't be able to stop me."

"Go ahead. I won't annoy you." Anakin said.

"Good." I said as I walked away from them slightly. "Nekravol's existence is, my fault."

"What!?" Ahsoka shouted.

"When I was down in hell, I went into this realm called argent D'Nur. It was a realm full of warriors, but they had no idea of the demons. When I went through to Argent D'Nur, the demons followed me. The Khan Maykr saw this as an opportunity and made a deal with the dark lords. She coerced 3 priests in Argent D'Nur who were loyal to her to become ascended beings if they followed her plan. All 3 accepted. She told those priests to make Nekravol to power her realm, so they took thousands of slaves from Argent D'Nur and forced them to make it. I should have known that something was up, but I didn't realise. By the time I'd realised that we'd been betrayed by the people's god, my old friend betrayed us as well. He made a deal with one of the priests to get his son back in return for the energy of their world. The deal went ahead and Argent D'Nur lost all hope of ever winning the war with hell since the priest didn't return his son to him as the form he was, he return his son as the icon of sin, the strongest being to have ever lived. Luckily, it has laid dormant since the beginning of its time ever since."

"That's quite the tale." Obi said.

"It's not over yet." I said through gritted teeth as I clenched my fists once again. "Not only did we lose cities to the demons, like Exultia, eventually they dragged the entire realm down into hell. All of our soldiers who weren't corrupted by the dark lords fought to the death in hell, side by side. I fought with them, but it wasn't enough. The demons eventually killed every single person in Argent D'Nur, all just because I went through to their realm. Billions of deaths then in Argent D'Nur and billions more now thanks to Nekravol are all my fault." I turned back around to see Anakin and Obi Wan looking surprised and Ahsoka looking distressed. "That's why I don't like being reminded of my past."