Chapter 8 - Hell

We landed on the cold hard floor of hell in a small cave sort of place. Ahsoka began to stroll around the place, looking at all the walls and engravings.

"This place is so, different." Ahsoka said questioningly as she rubbed the walls.

"It's all too familiar to me." I said as I began to walk out of he cave.

"Ergh, that's a bit gruesome." Ahsoka said as she pointed at a dead soldier. I walked over to him and realised he was a knights Sentinel, more specifically, one in my division of warriors. His engravings on his armour proved that he was a lieutenant. I tried to recognise his face but it was all charred and burnt so I had no chance of being able to do so. "Do you recognise him?" Ahsoka asked as she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Yes." I said as I picked his assault rifle up. "He was in my division of warriors, a lieutenant." I said as I inspected the seemingly intact assault rifle. I pulled the trigger on the assault rifle and realised that it still worked. I put it away and continued to make my way out of the cave with Ahsoka following close behind. After probably less than a minute, we exitted the cave and were greeted by several smaller demons and a hell knight.

"I'll take the small ones ok?" Ahsoka asked. I nodded and pulled my new assault rifle out before beginning to unload it into the hell knight. He immediately turned to face me and charged through the hail of bullets towards me. As he leapt into the air, I dashed around him so he landed behind me. As he tried to turn back around, he was met by a shotgun round to the face followed by my doom blade going straight through his neck, decapitating him.

I turned to see Ahsoka still taking out the smaller demons, so I fired a few assault rifle rounds at them and helped her clean them up.

"That's all of them, I think." Ahsoka said as she walked up to me.

I nodded and walked right past her. In hell, I was everything but friendly. I lost all sense of emotion other than anger and rage when in hell, and for now, I would keep it that way.

We jumped down to where we needed to go, only to find that the path was blocked.

"Where to now?" Ahsoka asked.

"There is a sentinel power core nearby." Vega said in his monotone voice. "You could use it to activate the mech and clear a path forward."

"So, where do we go?" Ahsoka questioned again. I looked on my HUD to see that we needed to go through the insides of a dead titan to get to it. I pointed at the entrance and began to walk over to it.

"Urgh, we don't seriously have to go in there, do we?" Ahsoka asked. I turned around to face her.

"You don't have to follow. Just, don't get yourself killed, please." I said before turning back around and entering the cave. Ahsoka said something to herself, but I couldn't hear it from inside.

When I was inside the titan, there was horrible chemicals and internal organs all over the place. I reluctantly made my way through the insides of it shooting any tentacles which arose near me, before I eventually found the power core. I picked it up and jumped out of the titan and back down to the buried mech. Ahsoka was standing still tapping her foot, but she didn't notice me until I hit the floor. As I did, she jumped back and ignited her lightsabers, before realising it was me and put them away.

"Little warning next time please." She said as she walked over to me.

I put the power core into the mech and stood back before watching the massive hand cannon blast away the wall. Before the rubble had even stopped falling, I began to walk through. Ahsoka followed shortly after.

We made our way through the cliffs of Hell before eventually coming to a huge metal gate. It was absolutely massive this gate was, probably nearing 20 meters tall.

"Woah, that's huge!" Ahsoka exclaimed as we rounded a corner to reveal it. I walked up to a pentagram on the floor and stood on it, before moving to the next 3 consecutively. As I stood on the last one, the huge metal doors began to open.

"Come on." I said as I signalled for Ahsoka to follow me. She stopped looking at the architecture and rushed over to me.

"Sorry, it's just that it all looks so cool."

I turned away from her and tried to ignore what she'd just said. The next 2 doors began to open slowly, eventually completely letting us through.

"Um, what's that?" She said as she pointed at the massive city in the distance.

"Nekravol." I growled. It was the main reason why all of this was happening, and it was my fault. I brought the demons to Argent D'Nur and the people there were forced to make it. The city provided Urdak with power, without it and without me, none of that would had ever happened.

"Is that, important?" Ahsoka shyly asked.

I turned to Ahsoka and grabbed her by the neck. Anger had completely consumed me by this point. I wanted to crush her neck so badly, but I couldn't. She was Ahsoka, the only person who meant anything to me and I loved her. She couldn't have meant to hurt me like that, could she? She'd just completely forgotten about the fact that I hated my past, that must've been it. I dropped her to the floor and turned away from her, a mixture of strong emotions overflowing me. Anger, confusion, rage and sadness. All of them in equal parts inside me at the moment.

"I, I'm sorry." Ahsoka whimpered as she walked up to me. "I forgot." She said as she hugged me.

"Vega, open a portal back to Coruscant." I said as I stood up with Ahsoka still holding onto me. She let go and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry, ok. I didn't mean to! I promise I won't do it again." Ahsoka pleaded.

"But I promised that I'd keep you safe, and I don't trust myself to do so when I'm, here." I replied as Vega opened the portal. "Tell Anakin and Obi Wan everything, don't make them feel bad for me, just tell them the truth. It isn't your fault, it is mine. Please just, I, I can't bare to hurt you." I took my helmet off and threw it at the floor making Ahsoka step back. "I promised that I'd protect you and all I've done so far is drag you into stuff and almost kill you."

Ahsoka walked over to me and hugged me.

"Calm down (y/n), please. It is my fault that you're angry."

"But, I, it's my fault just, I, now isn't the time to say why." I pleaded. "Please, Ahsoka, go back home before I lose control here. I promise I'll be back as soon as I've finished here."

Ahsoka nodded and stood back from me. "Ok (y/n). Please be safe."

I smiled at her and picked my helmet back up, just as she walked through the portal.

I kept moving through the desolate landscape of Exultia on my way to the Betrayer. I let rage consume me and I killed everything which got near me, also finding a nice plasma rifle on the way.

Eventually after about an hour of killing everything, I found the Betrayer. He'd exiled himself to hell and made his own base. In it were lots of artillery, motion sensors and his Atlan.

"I told you all to leave me here." He said as I walked up to him. I took out my celestial locater and put it down Infront of him. "Saving your people will not bring you peace, only make the burden you carry, worse." He said as he picked up the celestial locater and walked off. He did something to it before walking back over to me with my locater now glowing blue. He held it out to me. I grabbed the handle and tried to take it from him but he held on. "And now you seek to defy the Kahn Maykr herself?" He said as he let go of the locater. "It is your people's time to give penance, just as it was mine." I ignored this betraying traitor and began to walk out of his lair. "Hear me slayer." He shouted at me. I turned to face him. "When his heart is laid to rest, then his soul will be at peace." He said as he threw a knife at me. I caught it in my free hand and looked at it. "And so will mine." He said before sitting back down. I put the knife away and walked out of his lair.

"The portal is ready." Vega said as a blue portal opened up Infront of me. I walked through and into my base where I proceeded to put the celestial locater down into the slot. "Updating software." Vega said as a loading bar appeared on my computer screen next to me. "Update complete. Celestial locater intact."

I didn't want to go straight onto the demons, now that I was out of hell, I felt like I had to go tell Ahsoka what had happened, so I set the portal location to the Jedi temple on Coruscant and walked through it.