Chapter 42 - Return Encounters

All the younglings gathered around Ahsoka and payed full attention to her.

"Now that you've all collected your crystals, it is time for you to build your lightsabers. Now, to do this, I would like to introduce you to Dr Huyang." Ahsoka said. As she did, all the younglings turned to face the sound of approaching footsteps as Dr Huyang came into view.

"These are them? I swear they get younger every expedition." He said. "Have all passed the gathering?"

"Yes, Dr Huyang." Ahsoka responded.

"Ah good. Now, let's see what you've got here." Dr Huyang said. I stopped paying attention to the younglings and the doctor and turned to Ahsoka.

"I'm going to go check on R2." I whispered.

"Ok. I'm gonna stay with the younglings and help them." Ahsoka said.

We smiled at each other before I left the lobby and headed up to the cockpit.

Upon entering the cockpit, I found R2 just there, piloting the ship. He turned his head to face me.

"Hello R2. How's it going?" I said.

R2 beeped at me, making me remember that I didn't actually understand him.

"I hope it's going ok, I can't understand you yet." I replied.

R2 beeped a chirpy little beep at me before turning back to the panel he was using.

I sat down in the pilots seat and began to look out of the cockpit. I pulled the exterior cameras up as well just to keep an eye on what was around us.

Several minutes went by and there was nothing but the emptiness of space when all of a sudden, I see a ship approaching us.

"Ahsoka." I say down my comm link to her. "Come to the cockpit quick." I said.

"On my way." Ahsoka replied. After less than a minute, she arrived. "What's the matter?" She asked.

"There's a ship, there." I said as I pointed at the ship on one of the cameras. Ahsoka inspected it for a second before recoiling in shock.

"R2, get us into hyperspace." Ahsoka shouted. R2 beeped back. "Anywhere!" Ahsoka said. The unknown ship began to shoot at us, rocking our ship quite a lot. "Come on R2!"

As she said that, the ship flew into hyperspace before coming back out a few seconds later.

"What was that ship?" I asked.

"Hondo, you might remember him. He's a pirate. He'll be after me and the crystals. " Ahsoka said.

"Well, we've gotten away, haven't we?" I said.

R2 beeped a few times, causing Ahsoka to let out a sigh.

"The ships engines have been damaged. We've got to land on Florrum." Ahsoka said before turning around. "Come with me. R2, land us away from Hondo. Let's just hope he doesn't show up."

I followed Ahsoka into the lobby where the younglings and Huyang were waiting.

"Padawan Tano, what was that?" Katooni asked.

"Pirates. They attacked us but we got away. We've got to land on Florrum though because the ship's engines are damaged." Ahsoka replied.

"Should we call someone to rescue us?" Zatt said.

"I'll do that. You guys continue building your lightsabers." Ahsoka said.

The younglings turned back to Dr Huyang and resumed the process of building their lightsabers.