Chapter 39 - Council Report

I woke up with Ahsoka still in my arms. She was still breathing really deeply through her nose. She must've had no energy still. I didn't want to wake her up so I just let her rest for as long as she needed.

I laid in bed with Ahsoka for at least a few hours just thinking about whatever my mind led me to, while every so often looking down and kissing my sleeping Ahsoka.

Eventually, she began to grumble and slowly opened her eyes to face me.

"Morning (y/n)." She said with a smile.

"Good morning Ahsoka." I replied as I kissed her forehead gently. Ahsoka purred softly as I did so. "How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Tired, still, but not sleep tired, physically, out of breath, no energy, you know." She said with the odd deep breath throughout.

"Well it's, 2 pm." I said as I picked up my comm link and looked at the time. "Do you want to get up?" I asked.

"I'll try." Ahsoka said as she pushed on the bed and tried to sit herself up. She did succeed, but I could feel her heart rate go up quite a bit and her breaths become more frequent and deeper.

"I think you're going to stay in bed for today." I said as I sat up myself and kissed Ahsoka on the forehead. She smiled and kissed me back.

"That won't be a problem with you here to keep me company." She replied.

We locked eyes for a few seconds, just smiling at each other.

"I should probably get up and get dressed. Don't want Anakin thinking anything, different happened last night." I said as I got out of bed. I quickly put my clothes on before sitting back down on the bed next to Ahsoka. I put my arm around her as she rested her head into my shoulder.

"You're comfy." She said with a smile.

"Thanks?" I replied as I kissed Ahsoka on the forehead. She giggled to herself as she lifted her head off my shoulder and kissed me back.

We stayed like this for a few minutes, just sitting there before I decided to break the silence.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

"Just a little bit." Ahsoka replied.

"There's the snack bars on the floor to your right." I said.

Ahsoka turned to look over that side of the bed and sighed. "If I go for them, I don't think I'll be able to get back up." She said as she turned back to me. "Could you?"

"Of course, my little 'Soka." I said as I gently kissed her on the cheek. She smiled as I got out of bed, went round to the other side and picked the snack bars and the cup of water off the floor. I handed Ahsoka the snack bar which I'd opened earlier for her and walked back around to my side of the bed. I put the water on the floor but held the snack bars in my hands as I got back into bed.

"Thank you (y/n)." Ahsoka said as she began to take small bites out of the snack bars.

I watched as she ate the snack bar, nibble by nibble. Soon, she'd finished the whole bar.

"Want another?" I asked.

"No thanks, not yet." She said as she put her hand on her stomach and began to take some deep breaths.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, just, I've lost a lot of blood recently, probably an unhealthy amount. Whenever I stop breathing for a few seconds, I get out of breath, that's why I was eating in tiny nibbles." Ahsoka said as she turned to face me.

"Ok." I said as I kissed her on the forehead. "Just say if you want anything at all, even if it's the tiniest thing, I will help you do it."

Ahsoka smiled and kissed me back.