Chapter 87 - Divinity Meltdown

I turned to Ahsoka and looked at the floor.

"What are we going to do?" She asked, fear filling every part of her body, I could feel it.

"I didn't want to have to do this, but there is no other choice." I said.

"What?" She asked.

I reached into my arsenal and pulled the BFG out from it. Ahsoka gasped and stepped back again.

"Didn't you destroy that!?" She shouted.

"I'll explain after. For now, just go." I yelled as I turned to face the approaching demons.

"What? And leave you here?" She asked.

"GO!" I yelled.

Ahsoka recoiled in shock before seeing how serious I was. She turned around and began to run away.

I began to charge the argent inside of the BFG up to as high as it could go. There were so many demons here. There was no chance that I'd kill them all, but I could take out a very large majority.

I could feel the pressure inside of the huge gun build up to a substantial level, enough for me to fire it, and I did.

As I pulled the trigger, the green ball of energy shot out of the gun and headed straight towards the demons. As it got nearer, the argent energy began to shred and melt everything near to it, locking all the demons, even the tyrant, in place.

I knew that the 3 main guys would live it, so I had to take them out while they were stunned, and with the argent energy still zapping everything, I would have to do that by hand.

I threw the BFG away and began to run straight towards the demons. The tyrant was the first one I came across since he was closest to me. I leapt at him and stabbed him through the head several times before cutting it right off.

His body fell to the floor in an immense explosion of blood, before being completely evaporated by the argent, which had now decided to go for me as well.

I ran towards the archvile and rammed my blade up through his neck and out the back of his head. That must've killed him, and the fact that he too exploded in a shower of blood solidified my suspicion.

By now, my suit had maxed out its argent capacity and was beginning to charge itself on me now. With normal electricity, that would be fairly ok, but with argent, it was absolute torture! It felt as if it was burning, cooking and melting me alive every second over, but I had to kill this marauder.

I forced myself through the argent inferno and to the location of the marauder. I could tell that the BFG round had taken in enough argent to sustain itself as a radioactive sphere, which would almost certainly meltdown, collapse and explode, but I couldn't take the risk that the marauder wouldn't die.

I got to Erik who was still locked in place and in one clean sweep, I decapitated his head from his body. As his body evaporated, I could hear the argent core begin to collapse on itself. I had no chance of getting out of the meltdown, firstly because I could hardly move at the moment and secondly because if I left the argent radiation zone, the radiation being emitted from me would most likely open a rift into hell. I had to stay in the zone and take the blast.

From where I was, I could see Ahsoka in the distance. She was so shocked, scared and afraid. I could tell from her expressions, and I could feel it.

I closed my eyes and focused.

"It's alright Ahsoka. Everything will be ok. I love you, always."

I reopened my eyes and saw Ahsoka crying just as the argent energy exploded, completely engulfing me in radiation. In the brief seconds I was conscious, I felt nothing but immense pain, pain which I'd only ever felt here before anyway, back in the divinity machine.