Chapter 47 - Healing

I held Ahsoka in my arms for several hours, keeping her safe and warm, and nothing happened. The only things which occured around me was the gentle breeze blowing through the tall grass and the sound of birds in the distance.

I gently kissed Ahsoka on the forehead as I held her but as I came back up, I heard something. I looked up and around the place to see if anything was there and heard even more noise. It sounded like there was something moving in the trees.

I slowly stood up and laid Ahsoka down on the floor before pulling my shotgun out and scouting the area.

The rustling continued as the sound circled around me. I tried to see what was there but still couldn't, until something emerged from the grass.

It looked like a huge bird creature. It pecked its beak at me a few times.

"Back away." I said as I began to walk towards it, making sure that I was always between it and Ahsoka.

It pecked its beak a few more times before screaming and charging at me. I fired a shotgun round right into the thing's head. The round tore chunks of flesh out of the creatures head, but not enough to kill it. It screamed incredibly loudly before running away back into the grass.

I heard heavy breathing and crying behind me and turned around to see Ahsoka sat bolt upright holding her chest and crying.

"Ahsoka!" I said as ran next to her. I threw my gun onto the floor and knelt next to her. "Ahsoka, everything's ok." I said.

I put one hand on the back of her head and the other on her hand as I helped her to lay back down.

"Ahsoka, you're safe, I won't let them hurt you." I whispered.

She still had her eyes closed tight but tears were still coming out of them.

"Shh, don't cry, you're safe." I said.

"H-hurt." She whispered as she tried to curl herself up. She got about half way to curling herself up before she stopped and began to cry even more, whimpering as she did so.

"Ahsoka, calm down, please, panicking will only make stuff worse." I whispered as I kissed her on the cheek. She tried to stop crying and slowly succeeded.

"(Y-y/n)." She whispered as she opened he blood shot eyes and moved her hand up to me.

"Yes Ahsoka, it's me, (y/n)." I said as I held her hand. "You're safe, you can go to sleep now." I whispered as I brought my head down to hers.

"W-with y-you." She whispered.

"Do you want me to sleep with you?" I asked.

Ahsoka limply nodded. "H-hold me, p-please." She whispered with a weak smile.

"Of course." I replied as I laid my body down next to hers. She tried to shuffle herself close to me. I put one arm over the top of her and she grabbed my other hand and held it close to her chest.

"You can sleep now, 'Soka, you're safe." I whispered.

"T-thank you." She replied as she let out a small sigh and stopped moving to go to sleep.

I laid next to her for the rest of the night, once again, gently sending argent through my veins to heat my body up. My skin was about 35 degrees Centigrade, according to my suit, which must mean that Ahsoka was nice and warm.

Soon, the sun slowly began to show itself on the horizon. As it did, the temperature began to increase with it, so I slowly lowered the amount of argent in my veins to compensate.

After the sun had completely rose up, I let go of Ahsoka and sat up, although my hand was still in hers.

After another hour, she grumbled slightly.