Together: Christmas Special

Ladybug, Chat Noir, Melodie, Kid Mime and Gavroche stood in front of the people as they watched the police arrest Gabriel Agreste after discovering that he was the one responsible for all the phenomenal attacks in Paris. His blip was brought into the custody of the French police, and the rest of his subordinates, Mr. Pigeon and Le Mime, were arrested as well. Ladybug glanced at Kid Mime warily trying to read his expression. Noticing her stares, he turned to her with a reassuring smile. She nodded at him solemnly, since Le Mime used to be his mentor and a very close person to him before he joined their group.

Lieutenant Raincomprix and Mayor Bourgeois approached the heroes, paint through the freshly covered snow and offered their gratitude for their work. "Ladybug, Chat Noir, Gavroche, Melodie, Kid Mime," the Lieutenant addressed individually. "Thank you for all of your efforts in bringing justice to our Parisian streets," he added. Mayor Bourgeois nodded in agreement as he shook each of their hands. "Indeed, the best Christmas gift you may give to everyone. On behalf of Paris and France, we thank you for dealing with these akumatizations," the mayor said.

He turned to Kid Mime with a gentle smile and said, "Kid Mime, we have decided to give you a full pardon of all of your crimes committed under the leadership of Papillon and your mentor. You have proven your loyalty and your stand in justice." This made the young boy's shoulder to relax as he smiled proudly. "Thank you, Mr. Mayor," he replied as he bowed in gratitude, tipping his invisible hat.

After more reassurances of how they would deal with the criminals as well as the media. Once the two officials left, they were immediately bombarded by the media. Chat Noir took the lead as he sensed his teammates' uneasiness. "We would not answering any questions tonight. It's Christmas Eve and we would all want to go back to our families, for now we need to leave," he stated as he nodded towards his friends.

Gavroche, without being told twice, flew off towards the Eiffel tower to have a further discussion. Kid Mime gave his cheeky smile as he mimed a motorbike and drive away. Melodie blew a sweet kiss at the group and began to play her flute as she allowed her music to transport her. Chat gave his mock salute and used his staff to escape, while Ladybug waved goodbye and took out her yo-yo and left, as the reporters tried to follow them.

Upon arriving at the Eiffel tower, they all smiled at each other not knowing what to do now. "So," Melodie began a bit unsure. "So, what now?" Mercury finished. "I believe this is the end of the road for all of us," Kid Mime stated. "With Papillon and his goons gone, we're no longer needed." he added.

"You're wrong," Ladybug said, surprising them all. "They may be gone, but that doesn't mean Paris is safe. Our only consolation now is that the greatest threat is gone. I still want to protect our city, in the way the police does," she added as she looked at their reactions. "We can still continue our job to protect the city, at least with the petty crimes. Are you all still willing to?" she asked in hope of their approval.

Kid Mime grinned excitedly and said, "Well, I always wanted to be like Batman. Guess all I need now is a deep voice." This made them all laugh at his statement. "I'm in," Melodie said as she placed her hand on top of Ladybug's and Kid Mime. "This time, I can help in my own time, instead of running around the city at three am," she added, making them smile fondly at their struggles with their nightly adventures. "Wherever my queen goes I'll be near," Chat stated as he joined them. They all looked at Gavroche waiting for his approval. "If even Chat Noir wants to help I don't see why I wouldn't," he said as he joined them.

Ladybug smiled at them all and said, "I guess it's settled. The Quantic Kids are still here to protect Paris."

"Pound it," they chorused as they made their victory fist bump.

"Now that we're done, if you'll excuse me I would like to get back home before my sister bothers me about seeing Santa if I'm still up," Gavroche said as he bid goodbye to all of them. "Take care, Mer," Kid Mime said as the young boy jumped off the tourist attraction. "Merry Christmas, Ladybug. I'll give you your present tomorrow alright," Melodie said as she hugged the other female tightly. "Merry Christmas to you, too," Ladybug said as they parted. Kid Mime wrapped his arms tightly around the musician as they both jumped off the building, while he mimed a hot air balloon for them.