Prom Night

There was a heavy downpour the week before prom, it gave an ominous and somber atmosphere to the students. Some were saddened by the weather, given that it would postpone outdoor activities that were planned for a long time, others felt apathetic towards it, treating it as a natural event that was bound to happen after days of sunshine, and there were others who enjoyed the weather, since it gave them a different view on how the world is after a week of sunlight.

However, there was one person in school that blended with the mood the Earth was in. Felix Agreste, the colder, more cunning and more reserved of the twins, who runs on caffeine and fear of those around him, sat in the third row, second column to the right in silence. But two chairs in front of him was his polar opposite of brother. Adrien Agreste, the incarnation of sunlight himself; the extroverted, kind and outspoken twin. He sat in the front row like the model student people see in him, while he chatted cheerfully with his friends.

It was the last year of their high school meaning by next year everyone would be going their separate ways, some are going to college while others are going directly to the work industry. This school year the students in Ms. Bustier's class were the same students from their 9th grade class, making their last year seem like a reminiscing time. To add to the nostalgia everyone chose the seats they used to be during that year making everyone laugh at the thought. The only difference was the fact that Lila went back to Italy after her mother finished her three-year-term in France. But she was replaced with Marc, who was ecstatic to know he would be in class with all his friends.

The chatter in the classroom was all about what they were planning to do on the prom night, given that students in their last year are the ones who will be attending said event.

The class began to settle down when their teacher entered the classroom. Ms. Bustier smiled at them and started the day as always with greeting and complimenting your neighbour. Once the exercise ended she began to give the announcement that the school asked them to. "Now students before we get to the lesson we were told to be giving the rules of next week's event," she began.

This peaked the interest and joy in the classroom despite the weather. "We were told that the weather would be sunny for the event, so don't worry about today's weather. Let's go over with the dress code again to remind all of you that it may be a secular event, you must remember appropriation and decency," Ms. Bustier stressed.

"For girls, your dresses must not be any shorter than mid thigh, the teachers have given you that far too have your skin exposed. The back can be exposed only up to under the shoulder blades, because remember that it's going to end at midnight and we don't want any of you to get cold. The front may not show your breasts or your stomach. Please ladies, some control with your clothing decisions," she reminded, cringing at the memory, where they allowed the students to dress in any way they want. There were a lot of students who forgot about their ages and began to flaunt parts of them that are not supposed to be exposed to the public.

"Next for the boys, you must wear formal or demo formal attire either tux, white tie or vests. So no one must arrive in flip flops, tees, jeans, khakis, shorts, sneakers, polo and no undressing," she remarked, again shuddering at the memory.

"Now for the things you must not bring to the prom. Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, narcotics, lighters, matches and you cannot bring people who are older than you as your date. The principal has allowed students to bring students from other schools as a plus one, but they must present a school ID as evidence. We would not want to have anyone get harassed by an older man or woman," she finished as some of the students were no longer listening, because they were busy discussing about their plans.

Ms. Bustier sighed, hoping that they at least heeded her warnings. She smiled as she called back the students' attention to get back to the lesson.