Wreck

A request from IAmJonee

Felix ran through the rain as he tried his best to look for her. He was sure that she went this way, but she really was fast on her feet, mostly when she's running away from someone, or was it because he carried an umbrella and two bags with both his fencing equipment and her items? He looked behind trees, scanned benches, he even has half a mind to look into the fountains incase she felt like it was a good place to be in for her mood. With how dramatic she could be he wouldn't doubt if she was floating in a pond just to make a point.

That was it, he reached the pond where he found a lone figure standing at it's bank, while her face was up to the sky as the droplets splattered all over her face. Each drop them slid off her head while they outlined the features of her face. She remained standing there shivering in the cold ignoring how the people were already in dry shelter while she hid her tears with the rain.

Felix stood behind the soaking girl, who didn't seem to notice his presence. He remained there not even wanting to share his umbrella, in spite most likely, while he started scanning her. Instead of wearing her usual pigtails she tied her hair up in a ponytail, which is usually a sign that she had been in a scuffle. His eyes glanced at her arms and noticed how the bandaged wrapped around her wrists and knuckles had dried up blood on them, while her fists are curled up tight in frustration. He noticed how her eyes were closed tight while her eyebrows were scrunched in frustration.

"Are you sure you want to stay in the cold weather and get sick instead of finding a dry place?" He asked as he stood in front of her. He watched as her swollen red eyes peered through her half open eye lids. Her lips quivered in the cold and the heartbreak she had just felt. She remained a statue in the rain, which only frustrated him more. He took off his coat and placed it over her shoulders. He then entered her circle so to be covered by the umbrella as well. This made her finally look at him as she finally burst into tears.

He wrapped his arm, that want holding the umbrella, around her waist as she leaned her head on his shoulder. He ignored the fact that she was soaking wet and her tears just increased it, but that didn't matter, since the only thing that mattered now was her.

"Why did I do that? Why do I always do that?" she whimpered into his chest. "Why can't I ever control myself? I just get mad for no reason!" her frustrated voice was muffled by her cries. He would usually pull her close and assure her that it's going to be alright. He should, shouldn't he?

But this time he couldn't bring himself to do so. He just stood there as she clung to him like a lost child. Hey hiccups and tears continued for a good minute until she finally stopped and just stayed in his embrace as the rain continued to fall. He watched as she wiped her eyes and blew her nose as her body shivered in the cold. She sighed as she wrapped her arms around him for warmth and comfort now that she's calm down.

"Shall I bring you home then?" Felix asked, as he was feeling cold as well. She shook her head as she answered, "I can't, Maman's going to ask me what happened. I don't want to get scold today, can't I stay with you tonight?" He blushed at the notion, as if she rarely does that, but in these occasions he fears what'll happen.

This time he indulged her as she lets go of him and starts walking beside him. They walked in silence through the rhythmic pitter patter of the rain through the streets. He stole glances at her every now and then to see she's still calm or if she's needs something. He could see her clutch his coat closer to her body, neverending that it's already soaked as well. He could see her eyes twitch towards billboards and posters with Adrien Agreste's face only to look away immediately. He was tempted to ask, but he knew that she'd tell him on her own time. Instead he opted to ask her this, "How was gym today? Did your trainer put you through those extraneous exercises today?"