Kindergarten

The kindergartners sat noisily inside their classroom for, as they began to draw. A little blueberry child sat around a round table along with a tomato boy, a rose named girl and a pale skinned girl, all were quite and behaved, unlike their classmates. The four of them were working individually on their drawings as their teacher quietly observed the lively bunch with a smile on her face.

She looked at the clock and then to her watch, she turned to the door in time for the lady outside to knock. "Bonjour," the teacher greeted the tall pale blonde woman in front of her. "Salut," she replied with a smile as the teacher's attention turned to the little boy behind.

She smiled as she peeked at him, only to have him glare back at her. "I apologize for his scowls. He never really liked people. I try to tell him to stop that, but he's such a stubborn child," the woman apologized.

The teacher laughed as she replied, "He does seem the quiet your though." The lady nodded as she took the boy from behind to stand in between them. The teacher squatted to his level as she asked with a smile, "What's your name young man?" The boy scowled his green eyes at her, but was gently nudged by his mother. "My name is Felix," he mumbled.

"What a beautiful name that is! Do you know what it means?" she asked. This quipped the boy's curiousity as he looked at her with wide eyes full of wonder as he shook his head. "Your name means happy or lucky one," she replied. "Now show me a smile and try to fulfill your name's meaning, since I'm sure that you're a lucky little boy," she added as she gently poked his cheeks.

This somehow made him smile at her slowly the tension earlier. "Do you want to come inside?" she asked as she held out her hand to him. Felix hesitantly took it while he held his mother's hand as well. "I'll be taking care of him Mrs. Graham de Vanilly," the teacher said to the lady. "Thank you so much Mademoiselle, and please call me Amelie. I believe that we'll be seeing each other a lot more," Amelie replied.

She turned to her son and placed a kiss on his head. "Mommy will pick you up at four. Be good to your teacher here and make sure you make friends, ok?" she spoke to the boy. Felix pouted as he held her hand tighter. "You always leave me, mommy," he grumbled. "Don't be sad my love, you won't be alone anymore when I'm away. I'll be back later. Goodbye," she explained as she placed a kiss on his head.

She bid the teacher goodbye as well as she exited the room. The teacher smiled at him as she said, "Let's take you to your seat." He nodded and followed her to a table at the corner of the room with a group of children who were quite compared to their noisy peers. He looked at each of the children and was rather intrigued by each of them as they got closer.

"Children!" the teacher said in a modulated voice to over power the noise as she clapped her hands to get their attention. This made them stop whatever they were doing as they listened to and looked at the new kid with her. "This is a new friend with me, his name is Felix, please be kind to him," she said. They all nodded as they smiled at their new friends, rather curious.

"You can sit with them, Felix. We usually have a four to five people around the table, but I think they will be great friends to you," she said as she brought him to the quite children. He followed and sat down next to the little girl with two buns on her head.

She stared at him with wonder as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat under her gaze. "Hi Felix, I'm Marinette," the girl said with a bubbly voice as she neared him. This made him move away from her as she invaded his personal bubble with a scrunched nose. She giggled at his reaction as she moved back and then gestured to the others next to them.

"This is Nathanael," she introduced as she turned the boy's head to them. He smiled awkwardly as he nodded to him. "I'm Rose!" the blonde girl squeaked as she got up from her seat. "This is Juleka," she added as she gestured to the pale girl beside him. She awkwardly smiled at him, to which he nodded back in recognition.