Relationships (Father's Day Special)

There she sat, waiting, hoping for him to come home, sit down and relax. It's been three years in their marriage and still no sexual tension. Both are still childless but are in absolute successes. She let out a depressed sigh as she sat at their dinner table alone, again. Tonight was supposed to be their anniversary and she planned something big for it. She had his bath ready, baked those nice croissants that he loved so much, even ordered new alluring bed sheets just to set the mood. So now she's sipping on the 1930 champagne that he loves in a beautiful dress of her own design wearing the sweetest of her fragrance, only to read a text saying that the shoot would last until midnight.

She touched her earrings trying to remember all of the sweet courting and their marvelous adventures as heroes saving Paris from her father-in-law. With one last gulp of her drink she got up and changed for bed. She buried herself in her satin bed sheets and tried to let sleep devour her fully. She turned the lights off and whispered a goodnight to Tikki who was laying on her own bed.

The morning light crept in as she woke up from her peaceful slumber. She turned to face her husband, blond hair sticking everywhere as his face was buried in the sheets. But what caught her attention was the obvious hickey on his nape. She shrugged it off again like she did to the obvious lipstick stain she found on the cuffs of his dress shirt. These were the red flags that we're screaming "Cheater, cheater, cheater." But she can't bring herself to accept this. She got out of bed and started making breakfast for them. As she was preparing she heard a familiar buzz making a beeline for her. She turned to face a serious looking Plagg.

"Marinette," he said in a tone he rarely used. "There's something that I have to tell you. I'm sorry for voicing it out just now, but I gave him a long enough time to make up his mind. You might want to sit this one down," he stated. The bluenette nodded and complied as she sat on the closest furniture hoping that he was not going to say it. Plagg took a deep breath before looking at her straight in the eye and said, "Adrien's cheating on you." The information came to her like a freight train as tears immediately ran down her cheeks. Not trusting her words, she nodded her head for him to continue and give the details. 

He gave her a sympathetic look and answered, "It started with the business trip to Italy. He met her again, Lila. Told her everything, the lack of intimacy in your relationship and engagement. She pounced on this information by telling him how to initiate the intimacy. So one led to another and they slept with each other. At first I wanted to tell you, but when I saw the look in his eyes, the look of guilt, of fear and other emotions, I couldn't bring myself to do it, so he swore not to repeat the act again. It worked until he went back, but in the end she came back to Paris, more determined than ever. I tried to ignore the touching, the grazing, the kissing on the cheek. But what happened yesterday, I couldn't dismiss. They did it again on your anniversary. I tried to talk him out of it but he was too drunk to listen and insisted that this was for the better. She took his phone and sent you a quick text and that was the last of seeing them." He then watched as betrayal, hurt, loathing and other emotions that he couldn't describe. "W-w-why? Was I-I never.... enough?" Marinette chocked in her words as Tikki came to her side and pat her shoulder. "I'm sorry, he fucked up, and he fucked up big time," Plagg added not holding back any more swears.

Adrien finally emerged from the bedroom to find her back facing the door. He smiled walking up to her, prepared to engulf her in his hug only to come in contact with a cold slap on the cheek. He saw the ferocity in her eyes and knew that she found out. "Why Adrien? Why!" she screamed as she showed the messages and pictures that Plagg took. "I can explain," he tried. "No! There will be no explaining! Three years Adrien! You've kept me waiting for three fucking years. Do you know what my coworkers are saying about me? Do you know how much of an insult it is for you to refuse to make love with me only to do it with a woman who has twisted every word that came out of her mouth? Do you know how much I wanted a child?" she asked with her voice getting higher as each question left her lips. "More than anything," he mumbled under the fear of her fury. "No explanation may lift the pain I've felt in our 9-year-relationship, 1-year-engagement and 3-year-marriage," she said in a hushed tone as she turned from him to storm into their bedroom.