I Will Be There

Felix was staring at the starry night sky of Sussex and sighed. How he wished he could gaze at this scenery with her. He could recall her innocent excited gaze at the stars. He could recall all, her telling him how little she saw of them in the city. He remembered the time he taught her how to speak English since she only understood few. He then gazed upon the moon knowing that she will be looking at it as well.

Marinette gazed above the night sky of Paris hoping to catch a star. She sighed knowing that she wouldn't be able to see any stars since the city's too bright. "There were more stars back then," she mumbled to herself. "What do you mean Marinette?" Tikki asked her holder. "Nothing Tikki. Just reminiscing, and hoping," she whispered the latter.

She then turned her gaze towards the couples in the park happily chatting with each other, holding each others' hand and staring into each other eyes. She would call herself a sucker for love since she always has been. She then turned her gaze towards the moon hoping that he would be looking towards it as well, thinking of her. "How selfish of me," she said as she hung her head and looked towards her feet. She then heard a tussle from her plants. She raised an eyebrow and made her way towards it, then she found a black cat with grey eyes trying to move around. "It's a blind cat," Tikki said as she hovered the face of the cat. "It seems like it. Hello there kitty," Marinette said as she held her hand over its nose for it to smell. The cat then instinctively brushed it's face on her hands and let out a soft purr.

"It seems like there's a new cat in town," Chat Noir says coming from behind her. "Good evening Chat Noir. What brings you here?" she asked. "Nothing really. I was waiting for Ladybug to show up for patrol. But she hasn't arrived yet, she's probably late," he casually said. Marinette then mentally slapped herself forgetting about patrol. "So even Ladybug is tardy," she said making sure like she sounded like a civilian. "Yeah, who can blame her, we're just human, we're prone to bad habits as well," he says with a chuckle as he sat on the balcony railing. Marinette then made her way towards him with the black cat following behind. "What about you? Any bad habits that the citizens don't know about?" she asked in a teasing manner. "Well since you asked, I'm actually the jealous type," he replied casually as Marinette picked up the persistent kitty. She then heard a growl erupt from the black cladded hero. "Now I see the jealous side," she said in a teasing manner when she saw Chat glaring at the blind cat. "OK. I believe it's time for you to continue patrol," she said hoping to get him to leave so that she could join him. "OK, Purrincess I'll get going now. Bye," he said as he took out his baton to continue patrol. Once he was in a far enough distance ladybug sprung out of her room.

Back in Sussex Felix's gaze never left the moon hoping that she's doing the same. "Felix," came a quite voice. "I'm coming," he replied as he got from his chair and went over to the person at the door. He opened the door to find Bridgette, a little girl age five, in her nightgown clutching her ladybug pillow. "I can't sleep," she says with a yawn. "Alright come on let's tuck you into bed," he said as he took her hand and guided to her back to her room, knowing that she only wants a story. He watched her climb onto her bed. Unlike the other orphanages, this one has enough money to allow children their own room and private education. Once she was tucked in, he sat at the end of her bed. "So, what story would you want?" he asked. He watched her eyes light up and replied, "The treetops." He chuckled and began, "It was a pleasant afternoon when a little boy from this orphanage decided to wander through town."

It was a pleasant afternoon when a little boy from this orphanage decided to wander through town. He used the old trick of the blankets as a ladder. He made his way towards the gate and ran towards his favourite Oak tree. Once there he climbed the branches and reached the topmost part of the tree and smiled at his accomplishment. After what seemed like 10 minutes the young boy climbed down but as he descended he missed a step and fell on a little girl. He looked to his right to find two glaring bluebell eyes directed to him. She began wailing in French, "Why did you fall on me? I was just drawing and you stepped on me." "Je suis desole," he replied. "T-tu parles français?" she asked (Do you speak French?). "Oui, je parle anglais et français," he replied (Yes, I speak English and French).