Firsts

Marinette paced around her room as she tried to find an outfit for her date tonight. Her heart was still pounding even after Felix had asked her out. She groaned into her hands trying to focus on what she's going to wear tonight. Although they were just going to see a movie, she can't help but feel the need to dress up a little for the occasion.

She removed her hands from her face as she tried to recall how she ended up with the cousin of the guy she liked.

...

The whole gang was gathered on the deck of the Couffaines while Adrien introduced his cousin to them. Felix already knew from their aura that he was not welcomed, but nonetheless he wanted to make his cousin happy.

"Hey guys," Adrien greeted them as they got on the ship. "I know not all of you are happy with who I brought here," he joked as he gave a small laugh trying to ease the tension. Seeing that no one was joining, he cleared his throat and began to explain.

"This someone I brought here with me has something to say to all of you," he gestured towards his cousin, putting Felix in the center of attention. He gave them his model smile as he apologized to them.

"Hello everyone, I believe we have not been properly introduced, but you all remember me for unwanted reasons. I'm Felix, Adrien's cousin, and I'm sorry for the prank I pulled on you that day. I was being immature and rude, it wasn't nice of me to act like that towards Adrien on that day as well. I hope that you could somehow forgive me," he said in an apologetic tone he has perfected throughout the years.

Everyone eyed him suspiciously, not trusting him one bit until Luka stood up and greeted the boy. "It's nice to know that your owning up to your mistake, I'm Luka, by the way," he says as he gave out his hand to shake, to which Felix politely took. Adrien smiled, glad that Luka forgave Felix's mistake. He began to go around introducing all his friends to him.

When they came upon the raven haired girl, she almost jumped out of her skin at the sight of Adrien, but it was slowly replaced with annoyance when she saw Felix. "And this is my good friend, Marinette," Adrien introduced her as he wrapped his arm over the girl's shoulder in a protective manner.

Felix couldn't help but laugh remembering her message to him. Adrien looked confused at his reaction, well at both of their reactions, now that Marinette was glaring at Felix, while the latter held a jibbing look.

"So she's just a friend to you," Felix parroted his words. Adrien looked more befuddled, suddenly unable to give an answer that would satisfy both sides. But lucky for him Marinette saved him the trouble.

"Of course I am, we're actually best friends," Marinette remarked as she continued to glare at him. Adrien smiled and gave a sigh of relief at her.

"Hey, Adrien," Luka called. "Come on we're practicing," he called. Adrien smiled at the two and bid them goodbye as he joined the band, leaving the two to each other.

Felix glanced at her as she stared wistfully at Adrien. Noticing his stare she glanced at him only to be received by a knowing smirk. This made her glare at him causing him to snicker.

"You really are smitten over him, aren't you?" Felix said to his companion. "And who are you to judge who I like?" she threw at him.

He leaned back on the railing of the ship and gave her an annoying look. "Come on, we both know that you really wanted to tell him how much he means to you," he said. She simply gave him a snarky look and ignored him. This reaction was not what he expected from her.

He then placed an arm over her shoulder, irritating her. "You know I do look like my cousin, so why not try me? I'm sure I'm more interesting than him," he jeered.