Bunny

Sweat slowly dripped down Felix's face as he pose next to an energetic kid who had been pulling his arm. He was glad that he was inside this bunny mascot or else he would've scared the child away with just one look. The sound of laughter, the heat of the sun, the smell of cotton candy and chocolate filled the air of the lively festival. Children ran around showing their parents the eggs they found hidden in different places, while the other children pose with the Easter bunny, a.k.a him, wanting to show off to him the eggs they fit in their baskets.

Now you must be wondering what the hell he's doing inside an Easter bunny mascot surrounded by children in a place you'd least expect him to be? It all started early this morning. By early I mean four am in London and 3 am in Paris.

"You want me to what!" Felix shouted enraged that he had been disturbed from his sleep just for his cousin to ask him to take his place in a community service Easter egg hunt. Adrien had to move his ear away from the phone as his cousin's voice echoed through the quiet mansion. "I know, I know it's very last minute and you'd rather bury yourself than be caught dead in the event," Adrien replied trying to calm him down.

"If you know, then why did you ask me?" he asked wanting to go back to sleep. Rubbing his nape he explained his situation, "It's just that I promised the mayor that I'll be there to help entertain the kids, but I forgot to tell Natalie and she kinda booked me for a photoshoot that day. I tried to tell her but she said that my father doesn't want to reschedule and I tried to call mayor Bourgeois, but Chloe isn't going to let me go. So..."

He could feel his cousin's glare under the dark bags he has through the phone. He could hear heavy breathing on the other side as profanities were muttered under his cousin's breath. "So you want me to take your place just to please both sides," Felix continued as Adrien let out the breath he didn't know he had been holding. "So are you going to do it?" the starry eyed model asked hopefully. "No," was the only reply as the call ended.

Little did he know how desperate his cousin was, until he found Adrien in the sun room with his mother as they talked nonchalantly. "Oh Adrien, it's so nice of you to visit us on Easter, what a surprise," Amelie mused as she offered him more tea. "Thanks for having me Aunt Amelie and at this early," Adrien smiled as he gave Felix a knowing smirk. Amelie followed her nephew's gaze and smiled as she becomes her son over. "Felix you're awake, come, come. Adrien paid us a surprised visit," she called for him excitedly.

Felix glared at both of them as he begrudgingly sat next to them for breakfast. He ate his toast as he listened to his family's conversation, forgetting that he was there. He made sure to take every word his cousin spoke and tried to decode it, wondering how long it'll take him to try and convince his mother to bring him to Paris. He could see Adrien's begging look concealed in his perfect model face, but his eyes were saying everything. He swore that if he does the puppy eyes he would stab those sad eyes before he could even convince his mother.

Le petit-déjeurne was almost over, but Felix's anxiety of the never ending conversation rose. He excused himself hoping that he'll get to hide behind Adrien or his mother could drag him to Paris. "Oh right, we must've talked for hours. But Aunt Amelie, Felix and I need to get going if we don't want to be late for the train," Adrien said as Felix was about to walk through the door. "What?" both asked, Amelie with curiosity, while Felix with anger.

An innocent look on Adrien's face was met by their eyes as the little boy's eyes wandered between them. He asked his cousin, "Felix, you didn't tell her about our plans today?" Felix felt like exploding as he didn't expect his cousin to use the 'you didn't tell her' card. Felix opened his mouth to disagree "I di—"

"Felix, why didn't you tell me? I should've woken you up when he already came," Amelie said in a panick as she pushed him out, probably to the bathroom to let him shower. "Don't worry, Adrien, he'll be ready in fifteen minutes. You don't mind to wait that long now, won't you dear?" she added while Felix tried to deny everything. Adrien gave them a sweet smile and replied, "That's fine by me. I don't mind to wait a little longer."