Sick

A request from BRENDAALVAREZ715

Marinette's eyebrow twitched as Ms. Bustier introduced a new student in their class. She could see him deviously grin at her, clearly aware how much his presence irks her. He made his way to the desk behind her as she glared at him all the way. He, in turn, simply winked at her as his grin remained in place. She tried to focus her attention on the lesson, but the constant bug behind her had been causing a headache. No matter how much she tried to ignore him, his very presence already sours her mood. Now how did this start you might ask.

...

Two children were playing hide and seek in the park. The little blueberry hid behind a bench giggling to herself. She watched her friend facing the tree and counting to twenty. But her attention was immediately captured by soft mewling noises. She turned to find a box where the sound was coming from. She crawled towards it and opened the lid. There, she found three kittens, still blind, trying to find their mother.

She frowned at the cruel abandonment of the kittens that she forgot that they were still playing. She felt someone poke her cheek, turning to find her playmate.

"Found you, you're not really good at hiding," the blond, green eyed seven-year-old told his companion. "But I found these kitties and they're lost," she told him as she directed his attention to them. He tilted his head and kneeled next to her. He took a stick and began poking them curiously.

But the little girl pushed the stick away as she glared at him. "Don't poke them!" she scolded as he rolled his eyes at her. "Where's their mother?" he wondered as he looked around for a larger cat, but there was no trace of any of them. She stared at the kittens with great contemplation for a child, until she finally reached a verdict.

"I'm taking them home with me," she announced as she was about to grab the box. But the little boy slapped her hand away clearly disagreeing with her. "You can't just take strays in. They could be carrying diseases. Your parents won't even allow it," he reminded her as she rubbed her hand pouting towards him. She sighed and muttered, "I didn't want to do this, but."

With that she grabbed his hands, taking him aback, and stared at him with ferocious intensity as she gave him her cutest puppy eyes. "Can't you help me sneak them in? Please, please please," she begged making him slightly glower at her. "We'll get them checked with the vet. And, and you get to choose what we play next," she pleaded hoping to break him. But he gave her a disgusted look and stated, "Your begging face is gross."

She glared at him and let's go of his hands as she crossed her arms over her chest. Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment thinking that it would've worked like the way it worked on her parents. But the pat on her head reassured her that he still agreed. He picked up the picnic basket they brought and set aside some items to make room for the cats. She beamed upon realising it's purpose and began helping him. Once cleared, the kittens were transported into the basket as they carried it back to the bakery.

They casually marched in trying to act normal. But the baker and his wife had their suspicions. They watched as the children excitedly made their way to her room.

"Marinette, Felix, what are both of you doing back so early?" Sabine called after, making them pause in their steps. They simultaneously turned to them with a smile. "We were bored, and it's hot outside," Felix replied as he nudged Marinette with his feet. She shrieked and playfully glared at him then turning back to her mother with a smile. "We want to play house in my room instead," she cheerfully replied as they slowly got up the stairs.

Sabine chuckled and called out, "Alright, but I wouldn't want to hear any more fighting." They nodded and rushed back up.

Once alone in her room, Felix placed the basket on the floor and opened the lid. They smiled as they watched the kittens sleep. "Let's make them a house," she stated as she went to her table and began sketching. He followed and joined her, talking about what they should put in it.