Cat of the Night

A request from B00100806

Superheroes aren't that surprising in this day and age, given the fact that other countries have more than others. Some speculate they're test subjects gone wrong but ended up fine. Others believe they're some kind of gods that descended to earth. There are those theories that they're just some magical creature from their roots.

France is no exception to that, with one of their most famous heroes being the rising star Chat Noir. A charming, charismatic, young man, who took the city by storm with his excellent debut during an attack inside Montparnasse. He is considered a stealth hero who gets the job done without a problem. He embodies a black cat and acquired its certain skills, such as agility, flexibility, night vision, impeccable sense of hearing and smell, and even its aggression. However, this is not the only gift that was beheld onto him, he was also given the ability to destroy objects, create a catastrophe, or his signature teleportation via shadows. But one of his worst qualities as a hero would be the bad luck that follows him. In combat he uses this to his advantage, even using it against the enemy. He is an efficient solo hero, but is also a good team player.

Now how does he become the bewitching Chat Noir? Simple, he got caught up in something he wished he hadn't. A seemingly harmless heirloom in their family that was passed down from generation to generation. His parents left it with him when they started traveling for work. Perhaps they meant it for him to use to keep him safe, but it turned out it had other uses that assisted him into turning into Chat Noir. He had been testing it out for fun and information the first time, which explains his decent proficiency in the device. However, a situation called for him to actually use it that it led to his side career.

"The ring was just meant to be an easy means of transportation and destruction of files, not a superhero toy!" his mother scolded him when news of the mysterious cat themed hero arrived to them. He apologized but there was no going back now, mostly with how he had been inaugurated ever since he debuted.

"I really am sorry mother, I got a little too hasty with my decision. But I don't regret it, the heroes on the outside were having trouble with negotiations as those people started to get violent with the hostages," he explained, hoping she'd understand. He heard her sigh from the other line as he heard his father ask to talk to him. He gulped down the growing lump in his throat as he felt the unmasked pressure on the other line.

"Felix," his father's deep serious voice called in the other line. "According to French law as a hero you are to renew your license every year. But only those with a good rating from the people and a certain number of crimes dealt with under their belt in one year are the only ones allowed to renew. You either miss the quota or announce your retirement half way through. I will not allow my son to flounder his life as a mascot of peace while the actual police and lawmakers do nothing about it."

Taking a deep breath he replied as his father expected him to. In all honesty, he never really wanted to be a hero, but he didn't like seeing her terrified like that.

...

He was now only a week away until his contract expires. He could hear the talks in the hall about how excited they were to see him renew it soon.

"I can't believe it's already been a year since he appeared," Aurore swooned at a picture of Chat Noir on the magazine. Her friend, Mireille, heaved out a dreamy sigh as well. "He's just so cool, and mysterious." Both girls squealed at the thought of him. This kind of fawning didn't bother him anymore mostly with how used to he was, and how there's no point for him to entertain them.

He smiled when he entered the classroom, just by the sight of her. There sat the class representative, early for once, because of an assignment the school gave them. She lifted her head up from the papers she was skimming through and smiled contently. He continued his approach towards her and his seat behind her.