Recital

Adrien sat on the chairs provided for them as they awaited for their performance. He adjusted his black tie, trying to relax. But when he looked up he realised he was much more relaxed than his partner.

Felix slumped against the wall trying to control his breathing. He was clearly nervous, but doesn't want to admit it. His hands fidgeted with the violin in hand as he tried to imagine the notes and how he would play it on stage. He would usually do this as a way to get into the mood, but it seemed like he was lost, frustrated and angry. He gripped on the boy's tightly that the string it held could've snapped under his grip.

Adrien stood up from his seat and took his cousin's hand in his hoping to snap the boy out of his frustration. "What are you doing, Felix? Any tighter and you'll break the bow," he warned as his cousin snapped out of it.

"It's nothing, I'm fine," Felix answered as he moved away from the boy. Adrien crossed his arms over his chest and stared back at his back. He contemplated whether he should ask him or not. But seeing his answer and attitude might as well.

"Is it because she's in the crowd?" he voiced out making his partner flinch. Felix glowered at him as if still not wanting to admit it. "What exactly happened to the two of you during the akuma?" Adrien added as he went head to head with him.

"Nothing, nothing happened," Felix replied in a defensive manner. Adrien narrowed his eyes at the boy in front of him. "If nothing happened, then why are you like this?" he asked. Felix let out a frustrated groan at the boy's never ending interrogation that had started since yesterday. "It was an akuma induced environment. Nothing meant anything," he replied.

This made the Parisian rolled his eyes at his answer. He gave a sigh of defeat as he patted his cousin's shoulder. "I'm sorry, I'll stop. Just keep your head when we're on stage," he reminded.

"Excuse me, M. Agreste and Graham de Vanily, you're on five," the technician told them. Both boys walked to the stage for their intermission. The bowed at the audience as Adrien took his seat in front of the piano while Felix was adjacent to him. They were playing Saint-Säens Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 28.

Adrien began as Felix followed, their tempo was perfect as well as their synchronisation. Being brave, Felix room a look at the crowd scanning their faces. He could see his family in the front row as they had their criticizing eyes. Next to them was the Bourgeois and Tsurugi families. Both daughters seemed more intrigued with Adrien, not that he cared. Behind them were Adrien's friends who by now were mesmerized by his playing. Alya was filming it, while Nino quietly cheered his best friend on and Marinette, she had her face down. It was impossible to know what she was thinking. But she suddenly looked up as they locked eyes making him spiral back to what happened that day.

...

It was like any other day in Paris and he was there to visit his cousin, but it seemed like he also brought some friends with him. Note that this was weeks after he had apologized to group, some have forgiven him while others are a bit hostile, by others he meant Marinette. Adrien brought the awkward boy to his friends with a bright smile. He could already see the hostility in her eyes, and it seemed like his cousin was unaware of it.

Nino welcomed him as always but he was still a bit uncomfortable with his friendliness. Alya acknowledged him not really caring, but was still a bit angry by the fact that he caused her akumatization. Marinette, as always, glared at him with contempt.

"What brings you here dude?" Nino inquired about the situation. "I was just going to remind Adrien about our duet as he's an hour late," Felix stated as he looked at a guilty Adrien who had a cheeky smile on his face. Nino turned to his friend and playfully punched his shoulder.